Estate holder benefit ideas 01/01/2020 11:20 PM CST
24/7 access to any shops that close at night. (if any still exist - not counting FC repair as they're presumably/hopefully next to get opened up)
Removal of (or extreme increase in) cap limits for investing in player Finance-able Gem shops/Fur shops.
or
Finance-able Estate holder Gem/Fur shops that either don't have investment limits (beyond the character limit) or have sky high investment limit caps for Estate holder Traders.
All the Stat Trainers installed in FC.
Huntable flex mob in FC that does not require MT gear to hunt.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/02/2020 08:00 AM CST
> Huntable flex mob in FC that does not require MT gear to hunt.

I'd sub premie for that.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/02/2020 01:02 PM CST
Personally I'd be against putting in the stat trainers.

Why? Well, originally FC was meant to be closed when it wasnt being used for meetings & accessible during that time with the "teleport" rings.

And before (general) you say I shouldnt care, try I have 2 or 3 characters that have homes there so yeah if anything I should want it open all the time, but I dont.
And none of those characters can hunt there either, I just liked the "tropical" vibe even if my lil ones cant always get through the water to their homes.

I will ask though that if FC is going to be open all the time from now on, stat trainers added or others opened all nite, can you please make the 1st couple water rooms to the housing area either 1-no critter rooms & kept as water, or 2-remove the water & make it sand? I love my homes there, but rerolled a couple chars so being sub 10th circle its near impossible for them to get across those 1 or 2 water rooms. I'm not complaining, just asking if other changes are going to be made, could that be looked into?
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/02/2020 01:41 PM CST
It's been 'open' all the time for years. Grazhir Shard (they don't just drop those anywhere). Sea Mammoths. Teleport rings. FC was always planned with expansions in mind. This is about expanding benefits for premium subscriptions which are SORELY needed.

Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/02/2020 03:15 PM CST
>Well, originally FC was meant to be closed when it wasnt being used for meetings & accessible during that time with the "teleport" rings.

[Citation Required]

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/03/2020 04:32 PM CST
Try when Ioc was the main GM for Premies it was closed most of the month until the meeting & then remained open a couple days afterwards so folks could get their gifts.

Why the heck do you think the shop in the Xing clubhouse has FC teleport rings? With a cool down?

But sure, ya want confirmation? Try post 1684 here from Ynami for one. I'll even give lazybones the linkage... http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/Benefits!/view/1684

Sides, its not like there is no other way to get there outside the portals, it just makes it a bit more time consuming. Ahh, finally found one from about 3 yrs ago that mentions portals being closed/requesting they be opened 24/7 from Uritels player. Point 1 talks about it.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/Benefits!/view/1526

So, that enough confirmation that the portals used to be closed except when meetings were being held? I'm not talking about access, I'm specifically stating PORTALS.
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/03/2020 04:39 PM CST
>So, that enough confirmation that the portals used to be closed except when meetings were being held? I'm not talking about access, I'm specifically stating PORTALS.

Except that's not what you said.

Here's what you said (Again)

>Why? Well, originally FC was meant to be closed when it wasnt being used for meetings & accessible during that time with the "teleport" rings.

Fang Cove have been open 100% of the time once it was created. The mammoth was there from day 1 (http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/428). It's very clear you just want it to be your private little area.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/03/2020 04:49 PM CST
Mothra, I'd throw Grims comment of citation required at ya but its not worth it. My main was a premie from around the day it became available after the web migration until I took a break in 06/07, well before FC even was designed & put out to the players, along with several other accts being premies. Back then it was Periels Seacaves if I remember the name right.

I came back in 16 or 17 again as a multi acct premie to FC, it was locked down when it was not in use, we didnt really even have the mammoths to use. So no, it hasnt "been open all this time", no it hasnt, see previous post for confirmation.

I'd also love to see where you got that FC has always been slated for expansion as I sure havent seen that & I want to say when asked for at meetings with Iocanthe it was pretty well shot down, at that time. Its possible with new GMs on board that the Sr GMs might reconsider, or whoever on staff that makes those decisions.

I still dont want stat trainers on FC, thats MHO, others are able to say they want it ITHO on it.

I didnt disagree with other ideas, just the stat trainers, which as a many yr multi acct premie & a player who was here in 96 but it seems you & I wont see eye to eye on the stat trainers.

You are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, GMs will decide what they want & thats how it goes. :)
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/03/2020 04:58 PM CST
Maybe because I made a mistake & meant portals instead of FC? To me they are pretty much one & the same. Give it a rest.

My private lil area? What a joke!!! I dont even hunt in there & the only time I go in there to do any repairs is when my chars dont have coins in the area they are at, like Lirs or Kros. I find it easier to run to the local repair shop in the area I am in because every time I go into FC I have to pull my map up. I can travel script to the repair ship out in WC much faster.

As for hunting? I've tried again recently to hunt Gran Gargs but something in my mains makeup that they bash her everytime even though she should be able to take them. I dont have any chars doing mining as I find the "crafts" a waste of my time, excellent systems but I personally dont care for them.

I'm done with you Grim, so done with you, you are no longer even a gust of wind to me. Sheesh
Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/03/2020 05:22 PM CST
>I came back in 16 or 17 again as a multi acct premie to FC, it was locked down when it was not in use, we didnt really even have the mammoths to use. So no, it hasnt "been open all this time", no it hasnt, see previous post for confirmation.

Yeah. No. You really should just stop. Don't even try again. The mammoth has been there since day 1.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: Estate holder benefit ideas 01/04/2020 02:01 AM CST
>Mothra, I'd throw Grims comment of citation required at ya but its not worth it

From the Fang Cove release forum post linked below; specifically: ''We already have expansions lined up in the coming weeks and months, as time allows. We have hunting areas built that are only awaiting creatures. We have shops waiting on events to open. We have housing waiting to be placed as events lead us there. We have expansion plans for quite some time to come. You guys are going to see a city be built from the ground up, though it certainly won't be overnight, and you'll be doing some of the building.''

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/428

From this post later that year: ''The mentality that some people have towards Fang Cove needs to change. It is not "the Seacaves 2.0". It is not an isolated area with no other access but magical portals. It is a town like Crossing, Riverhaven or Shard. It is a town that you are (admittedly slowly) seeing built from the ground up.''

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/Responses%20to%20GM%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/1294

January 2012 saw the Ratha/FC sea mammoth implementation day 1 of FC's release (see first link for source). The Acenamacra/FC sea mammoth wasn't implemented until 9/12.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/845

You've been able to manually sail to FC by private ship since 1/31/12.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/750

Grazhir shard Vellano was installed 3/13 to facilitate astral travel (and moongate travel) to and from FC.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Grazhir_shard_Vellano_and_moon_mage_philosophy_-_03/24/2013_-_23:16