Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/16/2019 04:10 PM CDT
Hello!

For a quality of life change, we've updated the monthly Estate Holder gift mechanics. Characters with a Premium subscription can now pick up their monthly gift regardless of how much time is spent in-game. If you happen to run into problems picking up August's gift, please ASSIST in game!

Thanks go to ASGM Javac for the update and GM Ynami for the QC!

GM Winna
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/16/2019 06:11 PM CDT
Thank you thank you thank you!!

This was such a PITA to just sit some of my minor characters IG to burn off that 24 hrs or so.

So many thanks
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/18/2019 04:33 PM CDT
I'm actually opposed to this. I think there should be a cool down period, I just think it shouldn't have to be by a logged in game time. Now people might be grabbing them left and right and giving them to non-premies, thus, being less of a motivator for people to be premium, and my trader may likely have more trouble selling them now.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/18/2019 06:01 PM CDT
Sorry man but ROFLMBO. You complain about them but yet you make IG coin off them? I would have felt sorry until you said you sold them.

PLease note, in the rest of the post any reference to "You" in meant in the general &/or generic fashion, not solely referring to the Godking acct player & his/her character(s).

We are lucky the GMs make them for us & give them to us. Your type is why we most likely cant get the string/yarn/twine in the shop with all the other past gifts, because the GMs realize someone like you might go in, buy them for say a plat then resale them for a 50% markup at 50 plat.

Yeah yeah, I can hear it now...but but Purheart, you are infringing on my right as a trader to resale items!!! Boohhoo.

I'm probably wrong but I dont ever remember seeing meeting gifts as a for sure perk of being a premie acct. I do think there should be an item limit..a hard 1 per character on account. You have all 16 slots filled, then you are limited to only 16 for your whole acct, which is what I think it is.
But I'll admit, I havent tested the system since we had the cam bag bug, where you could grab one per day with the same character. I'll admit, I grabbed some on one character so I didnt have to keep logging in different characters on the same account but I never SOLD them for IG coin or RL money like I saw folks doing.

For the most part the premie gifts as I understood it were just to be fun little things, like the cloaks, clothing, knives of various ilks, harnesses, various lil toys, etc.

Gods, why do some folks have to ruin it others. :(
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/21/2019 07:22 PM CDT
if you're worried about it, just stock up on them and sell them afterwards.
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/23/2019 03:21 PM CDT
I just see them as flooding the market, and non-premie's being able to get them more easily and not being as encouraged to get a premie account. I think if they made the cool-down a real time cool-down and not a much more lengthy in-game cool-down would be reasonable enough.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/23/2019 09:17 PM CDT
>>GODKING: I just see them as flooding the market, and non-premie's being able to get them more easily and not being as encouraged to get a premie account. I think if they made the cool-down a real time cool-down and not a much more lengthy in-game cool-down would be reasonable enough.

There is a cooldown that prevents a character from getting multiple copies of the same gift.

GM Cordulia
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/24/2019 06:17 PM CDT
>>There is a cooldown that prevents a character from getting multiple copies of the same gift.

>>
GM Cordulia

What is it that I don't understand? According to the following that was posted, it looks like there is no longer a cool-down.

>>For a quality of life change, we've updated the monthly Estate Holder gift mechanics. Characters with a Premium subscription can now pick up their monthly gift regardless of how much time is spent in-game. If you happen to run >>into problems picking up August's gift, please ASSIST in game!

>>Thanks go to ASGM Javac for the update and GM Ynami for the QC!

>>GM Winna

Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/24/2019 07:15 PM CDT
They removed the in-game requirement for the cooldown timer. There's still a cooldown timer that can now count down while offline.

>>For a quality of life change, we've updated the monthly Estate Holder gift mechanics. Characters with a Premium subscription can now pick up their monthly gift regardless of how much time is spent in-game. If you happen to run >>into problems picking up August's gift, please ASSIST in game!
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/25/2019 12:04 AM CDT
>What is it that I don't understand? According to the following that was posted, it looks like there is no longer a cool-down.

You seem to be missing bold portion:

>There is a cooldown that prevents a character from getting multiple copies of the same gift.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/26/2019 08:27 AM CDT
>>GODKING: What is it that I don't understand? According to the following that was posted, it looks like there is no longer a cool-down.

Previously, a character could not get a Premium gift unless he had been logged in for 24 hours (total) since getting a gift. This prevented characters that had low usage from getting gifts on a monthly basis.

This change replaces the requirement of having been logged in for a particular amount of time with a limit that is specific to the gift. Each Premium character can now get one monthly gift regardless of how much time he's spent in-game.

GM Cordulia
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/26/2019 11:47 AM CDT
Hm...this is interesting, because my main character was able to get two of the gem belts. I couldn't remember if I had grabbed one and got another. Then realized I was already wearing it :)

I was going to bug it, especially since I got an error taking out the note and loupe, but hadn't had a chance yet.
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/26/2019 12:45 PM CDT
Yeah, there was a bug too with the water cam bags. I know on one of my characters I was able to grab more than 1, it was 3 or 4 before I stopped trying.

And no, I didnt abuse it, I just passed them onto other characters on the acct instead of logging them in so I kept with the one per character.
Re: Monthly Estate Holder Gift Mechanic Update 08/26/2019 02:42 PM CDT
>>BLAYD: Hm...this is interesting, because my main character was able to get two of the gem belts. I couldn't remember if I had grabbed one and got another. Then realized I was already wearing it :)

>>PURHEART: Yeah, there was a bug too with the water cam bags. I know on one of my characters I was able to grab more than 1, it was 3 or 4 before I stopped trying.

The dark watersilk bags were offered before this change took effect. However, going forward, if you find that the same character is able to get multiple copies of the same gift, please BUG it in-game while holding the gift so we can investigate it.

GM Cordulia