Question on Alteration Scrolls 07/30/2018 06:58 PM CDT
1) Can I use one account that's premie buy the scroll and hand it off to another account for use?

I have two accounts and this current one isn't the one I'm interested in activating premie for.

2) Can alterations alter some tool stats from pre-3.0 tools that has since been updated to 3.0?

Specifically, 8 years ago or so I commissioned a ranger to skin me a war mammoth (tusk? bone?) to create divination bones out of so it has significant sentimental/RP value to me. The tool is currently considered "average construction" and "brand new". I'd like the construction to be upped a bit and the "brand new" status to be either ancient or appropriately reflect however many IG years ago it was and/or however old that war mammoth should have been.
Re: Question on Alteration Scrolls 07/30/2018 09:47 PM CDT
Scrolls can only be used by the character that picks them up. Even another character on the same account can't use the scroll. If Bob picks up the scroll, only Bob can use it.

Scrolls are only for cosmetic adjustments. (If you have "a pine yardstick" and want it to be "an oak yardstick with ruby pip markers", you can do that, but if the yardstick is old and doesn't actually work to measure things when you fill out the scroll, it will still not when you're done with it.)

Many guild-specific items can only be worked on by certain people (and some items can only take the slightest cosmetic adjustment at all, even by someone with permission to work on the item), which ends up making them only alterable in person. It is also very uncommon for the stats on anything to be changed at an alteration session. (I think I've heard of one Bard alterer who bumped quality on some musical instruments, years and years ago. There may have been someone else who did something similar with other items, but it is definitely not a common thing.)

And while some alterers are willing to describe that an item has some signs of use, we don't do ancient anything.

Man, I am a "nope" tonight! Sorry. But at least you know...

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Question on Alteration Scrolls 07/31/2018 06:48 PM CDT
Just so you know, it's totally okay for Anna to give Bob her yardstick for Bob to alter with his scroll. So you can always do that.

- Navesi
Re: Question on Alteration Scrolls 08/01/2018 11:30 PM CDT
If Anna and Bob have that kinda trust, absolutely it is okay. Just the scroll wouldn't work if Bob gave it to Anna.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff