Flunkies 02/10/2018 03:12 PM CST
Estate holder characters should get servants or Esate Holder Council minor functionaries of some sort (with different socio-economic choices for these npc messaging exchanges so you could roleplay your estate holder as down on their luck or professional or rich beyond dreams of avarice) that would run in and handle currency exchange for you in the event you don't have the proper coinage.

Example: You're at a shop in Shard but you only have kronars. Servant runs in and handles the exchange rate fee at the nearest Estate holder bank's exchange rate fee + 1% (or something). You hit the Riverhaven ferry and realize you don't have lirums - servant runs up and handles the exchange for you and your inventory coin is reduced by that amount - and/or they just charge it to the neareast bank at whatever the % fee is + 1% per zone or province you're removed from. The same would apply to festivals and quests where actual coin is involved.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Flunkies 02/14/2018 05:09 AM CST
I don't know how easy/hard such a thing would be to code - or how it would look on the other side of a proposal - but when I find a coder in need of a side project, I've added this to the list of things that are intriguing.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff