unfair pilfering setting pvp open 03/28/2011 06:04 AM CDT
I feel that Stealing warrents from pilfering should not have an effect on forcing you "open".

When you do pilfering from shops, you are training stealing against the game - not against other players. One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. You are not harming any other players.

if you can't practice on players without being "open", and can't practice on the shops, how exactly are you supposed to gain ranks in the skill?

- plat necromancer -

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 03/28/2011 07:36 AM CDT
I didn't think that stealing from shops set you Open. Maybe you did something else that set you to Open?

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 03/28/2011 07:44 AM CDT
Was it your necro? I thought getting accused of anything that can generate SO and give you attention sets you to Open, not just a Forbidden Practices charge.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 03/28/2011 08:43 AM CDT
didn't do anything else, and yes it was the necro. i didn't see myself actually get caught, when i scrolled back after i got the "burn her" messaging. with 4 other people in the game at the time i don't think i was accused, as i checked with my mm to see where they were at afterwards, and none of them i saw were in town with the possible exception of a thief which i wasn't able to locate. <and thieves aren't encouraged to accuse at any rate>. I DID manage to successfully plead innocent <for both charges, got a forbidden practices charge along with the pilfer>, but i still had to wait out the time to switch back to guarded.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 03/28/2011 09:08 AM CDT
I took the liberty of checking your logs, and without going into too much detail I will say this:

Everything appears to be working as intended, and your change in profile had nothing to do with PvE stealing and everything to do with being a necromancer.

Let me be absolutely clear: Stealing from shops will not, and does not, have any influence on your profile.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 03/28/2011 10:15 AM CDT
was i accused then by someone? or did one of the shopkeepers notice me with EOTB up?

as i saw nobody else in town while i was doing my run.

Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 03/29/2011 12:11 AM CDT
<<was i accused then by someone? or did one of the shopkeepers notice me with EOTB up?>>

That's not something anyone will tell you.

But it wasn't stealing.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/DragonRealms
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 04/01/2011 04:41 PM CDT
<<with 4 other people in the game at the time i don't think i was accused, as i checked with my mm to see where they were at afterwards, and none of them i saw were in town with the possible exception of a thief which i wasn't able to locate.>>

On a side note can the mm char gain social outrage for logging in to see who might have accused the necromancer?

Aiding and abetting at the very least?
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 04/02/2011 06:29 AM CDT
locating doesn't cause social outrage. neither does shadewatch mirror. check with Kssarh. :-)

Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 04/02/2011 07:32 AM CDT
>>On a side note can the mm char gain social outrage for logging in to see who might have accused the necromancer?

Not in game...
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 04/02/2011 07:55 AM CDT
Instantaneous familial communication and use of the "stat full" list are parts of the bedrock of roleplaying quality.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 04/03/2011 08:46 AM CDT
>with 4 other people in the game at the time i don't think i was accused, as i checked with my mm to see where they were at afterwards, and none of them i saw were in town with the possible exception of a thief which i wasn't able to locate.

- Necro character
- Previous IG interaction
- Small group of players in that know many of each others characters
- Logout and login notices
- JJ and portal availability

You decide.
Re: unfair pilfering setting pvp open 04/03/2011 05:56 PM CDT
If it was a pc, that's all well and good, part of the game, etc. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a game mechanic forcing someone that wasn't committing any hostile act against another PLAYER into a pvp situation, which I pretty much gathered that it wasn't from solomon's reply.

with the way eotb works, based on posts by other necro characters, I had thought that one could possibly be "accused" by the NPC shopkeepers.