Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Stealing forcing pvp stance to open 02/25/2011 09:56 PM CST
Ha, seems a lot of people have something to say about this.

Interesting read. I guess I'd just never thought of stealing as "unwarranted PVP conflict" as much as I'd thought of it as a... minor inconvenience for the victim. If I squint my eyes, I can kind of almost see that point of view, I suppose. Though, i am still not a fan.

Also,
>>>My understanding was people were not happy about being set to PvP Open even if they were not caught. "No one saw me, why should I be set to Open." And they said people still came after them even when not caught.<<<

No, my comment was made because I find it silly that choosing to engage in a relatively minor act (stealing) forces you to be open to all manners of combat from anyone for any reason for 48 hours afterwards. But it seems that not everyone agrees with me that it is a relatively minor act. I was just curious as to why this change came about. Seems I have my answer now.

Thanks for the explanations, everyone.
Re: Stealing forcing pvp stance to open 02/26/2011 03:29 AM CST
>>No, my comment was made because I find it silly that choosing to engage in a relatively minor act (stealing) forces you to be open to all manners of combat from anyone for any reason for 48 hours afterwards. But it seems that not everyone agrees with me that it is a relatively minor act.<<

Murder is a relatively minor act too, really.
Re: Stealing forcing pvp stance to open 02/26/2011 07:58 PM CST
>>forces you to be open to all manners of combat from anyone for any reason for 48 hours afterwards.

I don't think this is really true either...

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Stealing forcing pvp stance to open 02/27/2011 05:02 PM CST
Maybe I don't remember this right (because I've been open for some time now), but doesn't attempting to steal while closed/guarded state that it only forces you Open for 4 hours? Is that such a big deal?
Re: Stealing forcing pvp stance to open 03/26/2011 03:20 PM CDT
<<It's in response to people who claim being set to PvP open ruins stealing or whatever the complaint was.

You are responding against a position no one advocates. That you don't get caught often, or that few of the catchers are either awake or perturbed, has nothing whatsoever to do with the objections to this policy. The real question is whether you should be open to any and all pvp combat for a length of time following a successful (i.e. stealthy) theft; for which no one can provide an IG justification from your actions, but during which you must live like a hunted person anyway.

I don't know where the thread went (EC perhaps?), but a more detailed response to your query is available therein, were you to locate it, along with a veritable cornucopia of counter-arguments and a plethora of polemics.

Scrounger.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page