PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/05/2010 01:07 AM CDT
The System will now force a PvP Profile change and lock to 'Open' for at least four hours if you initiate PvP stealing. Even if you are already Open, your profile will be locked that way to at least 4 hours from your most recent PvP stealing attempt.

This applies whether you are caught or not, simply the act of typing STEAL (PERSON) and the attempt getting through enough to start an approach is presumed intent that you the player are willing to start PvP conflicts.

Players will be warned and asked to confirm their action within the next 15 seconds if they are not already Open when they try to steal from another player.

-Z
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/05/2010 03:45 PM CDT
>>why not just force everyone to open and leave it that way? Turn prime into TF as thats what it seems to be happening anyway. If you are caught stealing your already consented to that person and there spouse and thats acceptable but to make you free for all game to everyone one else in the realms is just obsurd.

That's an extreme over reaction. There are people in prime that don't want to participate in PvP. This is a fine attitude to have, they just can't steal from PC's. It's not that difficult.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/05/2010 04:20 PM CDT
But no one is forcing anyone to include stealing from another player as part of their RP. Pretty sure there are plenty of other ways to RP without including stealing. There's always a choice.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/05/2010 04:21 PM CDT
>> Blast me if you want, Disagree with me thats fine but each and everyone one of you know there are people out there just killing people who are open just because they are open.

Has this happened to you? I can't recall anyone posting that this has happened.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/05/2010 04:30 PM CDT
>>each and everyone one of you know there are people out there just killing people who are open just because they are open.

Yep, and I expect it.

>>No Rp involved just oh look i can do it so i did.

I disagree with this. The amount of RP involved is how much you put into a situation. If you rage, "OOC I AM GONNA REPORT YOU YOU JERK I HATE YOU." then yeah, no RP involved. If you laugh and say something clever you might be on to something.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/05/2010 04:33 PM CDT
>>Has this happened to you?

It happens, but not often. It has happened to me once since I have been playing. It turned it into an ongoing rivalry with that person and have had a blast ever since.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/05/2010 05:16 PM CDT
>>It happens, but not often. It has happened to me once since I have been playing. It turned it into an ongoing rivalry with that person and have had a blast ever since.

You mean to say that the world didn't end?
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/06/2010 01:33 AM CDT
>Also, the appropriate thread is here:
>http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=2

Actually, THIS is the appropriate thread.

>This message was originally posted in DragonRealms Policy Discussions, Stealing policy. To discuss the above follow the link below.
>http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=2&topic=11&message=1840

~ Kougen

Vorasus says, "There will be blood."

Vorasus drinks your milkshake.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/06/2010 05:41 AM CDT
>"When other people Do It Wrong, I like to jump on the bandwagon."

That's fine, but if you're also going to backseat board mod, try not to contradict the GM who started the discussion.

~ Kougen

Vorasus says, "There will be blood."

Vorasus drinks your milkshake.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change :NUDGE:: 07/06/2010 09:02 AM CDT

That's enough

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/08/2010 11:44 PM CDT
Could stealing from your spouse be excluded from flagging you as opened.

Wanderer Larze
Guardian Rhamist

Your mind hears Aethyrr thinking, "fyrel I can't lick my hips"
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/08/2010 11:58 PM CDT
Domestic abuse is a crime, you know. Marriage counseling in Elanthia just takes the form of a 150th Barbarian helping you to "open up" by hitting you in the face.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/09/2010 10:18 AM CDT
New policy sucks. Should be that if you get caught you are open for hours if you dont open for like an hour or stealing timer. I have given up on stealing from people because i don't need people to kill my character for fun. Thanks for ruining my 'trader hunting' because i don't need people that don't like me because of out of game stuff.

BTW people that like this policy are either wicked high circle or no one knows who they are to kill to begin with or have a gang or family to protect them so they are open.

Dunrook
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/09/2010 10:26 AM CDT
>>BTW people that like this policy are either wicked high circle or no one knows who they are to kill to begin with or have a gang or family to protect them so they are open.

So you're saying that you're a trouble maker who will now be forced to open so people can finally kill you without having to worry about you reporting them. Good to know.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/09/2010 10:33 AM CDT
I'm saying that i did make trouble like a year or two ago. Now I just train and keep to myself, but smelly-cat holds grudges
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change 07/09/2010 10:44 AM CDT
>>I'm saying that i did make trouble like a year or two ago. Now I just train and keep to myself, but smelly-cat holds grudges

>>Thanks for ruining my 'trader hunting'

:psyduck:

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: PvP Stealing Policy Change :NUDGE:: 07/09/2010 11:36 AM CDT

Yeah, this tangent's over.

This is not the conflicts folder -discuss the policy and policy changes. Specifics as it relates to you should either go to the conflicts folder, or feedback if you're feeling harassed.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.