Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/25/2020 04:03 PM CST
Could something be done about the insane ammount of stealing done at Catrox forge. It may not seam like much, but having all the coin you need to repair all your gear stolen in one swipe over and over again is really well past the point of fun or just apart of the game experience.

give catrox some glasses and have his tog kids and wife beat the hell out of stealers and hiders.
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/25/2020 04:42 PM CST

In the meantime, bring small denominations. Easy to grab 2 plat, not 200 silver.

Jalika
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/25/2020 04:49 PM CST
>Could something be done about the insane ammount of stealing

You can protect a set amount of coin (gated by your concentration iirc).

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Protect_command

You can use a panther bank from HotRF incidental loot. (this might not be available to F2P characters)

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Small_panther_bank_fashioned_from_clay

If you aren't F2P you can also use a moneybelt to protect coins.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Moneybelt

The easiest/safest way imo is just to keep a bunch of excess coppers in your pocket when expecting pickpockets and maybe an open gem pouch as theft 'chaff' and don't loiter.

The Thieves' guild is a large and recognized part of DR. The protections already in place are your perception skill, the justice system and you (the player's) awareness. Whenever automated NPC systems are put into place to limit or negate interaction between PC characters it's a loss to of all of us of much more than some kronars.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/25/2020 05:19 PM CST

its not a loss to anything. The only loss is me and other being able to keep the money we need to repair our gear. Steal from the NPCs if you want money. They dont need theirs as much as I need my weapons, armor, etc fixed.
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/26/2020 09:13 PM CST
It should be a safe room considering that this is where all new players start and the practice is predatory with no RP value added. Also player stealing doesn't teach well enough to justify that as an excuse to troll people as this current situation seems to be.
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/30/2020 06:32 AM CST
Other options include repairing your own gear or going to another repair shop. I know it will be hard to hear constructive advice when you are on the receiving end, but there are lots of options for players to try to avoid being robbed and a mountain of restrictions on thieves already in place.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/31/2020 03:13 PM CST
That isn't really possible for the completely new people especially on f2p who cannot repair metal armor anywhere else and don't have the ranks to repair their own.
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/31/2020 09:38 PM CST
>That isn't really possible for the completely new people

I swear I remember brand new players being immune to stealing. Something about "not worth the effort" or whatever the message is.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 01/31/2020 09:50 PM CST
You can't have your coins stolen if you have 3 silver or less on you(according to the wiki), which should be enough to cover a new player's repair bill.

ā€œIā€™m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.ā€
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 02/06/2020 07:33 PM CST

heh heh, well isn't that cute. But you'r wrong.

But really. Knock on stealing everyone blind at the damn repair forge. If you are that super skilled stealing, find something better to do with your time.
Re: Stealing at Catrox forge and other such places 02/28/2020 06:54 AM CST

A little late to this but, A extreme recourse, Players who PvP steal are set to open, So you can take this to RP and if you are unable to engage the player yourself, there are players who are more than willing to take on a little job.

>>Also player stealing doesn't teach well enough to justify that as an excuse to troll people as this current situation seems to be.

Not all actions are done to learn EXP. Some of us actually do things for RP. Just because something dosnt go your way, does not mean it is a troll in every situation.

Rifkinn