tired of seeing this around town 01/24/2017 11:00 PM CST

some black cashmere pants trimmed in vivid violet nightsilk, a lumium scale helm crafted from tempered scales, some tomiek-rimmed goggles with dark lenses, a dull serpent earcuff, a light lumium plate mask crafted from tempered plates, a dark steel torque, a grey woolen cloak with an ebony clasp at one shoulder,A DIVINE CHARM, a silver studded divinator's belt of deep blue bourde, a large nightsilk duffel bag decorated with a flock of grey doves, a black leather baldric clasped by silver buckles, a tattered aubergine robe covered in cambrinth-beaded symbols, some nightmare black leathers, a slim dark leather arm sheath with small gemstone fragments, a small onyx-hide shield sealed with protective wax, a blighted gold bracelet studded with large flame opals, some lumium mail gloves, an ornate haralun ring, a pair of copper zills, a gloomwood telescope case with mistglass caps, a sturdy leather thigh quiver wrapped with a fine platinum chain studded with cambrinth, a blackened steel ankle knife and a pair of tall boots bearing tomiek fittings.
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/25/2017 12:14 AM CST
Looks like someone has been saving up gear for a new character, nothing wrong with that. And why is this in the scripting policy folder?
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/25/2017 12:54 AM CST
Well its more than likely a paste of a certain characters description. Why its in here is anybody's guess.
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/25/2017 09:14 AM CST

I plan on keeping my divine charm through circle 200, they're the new witch balls.
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/25/2017 09:53 AM CST
>>I plan on keeping my divine charm through circle 200, they're the new witch balls.

I was actually wondering if they fell of fun or poofed at a certain point.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/25/2017 10:01 AM CST
>>I was actually wondering if they fell of fun or poofed at a certain point.

IIRC my last one poofed when I tried to use it after the ranks that they work at (50 or so i think). Might not if you don't try to use it though.
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/25/2017 10:18 AM CST

Yeah as long as you don't try and use it it will stay around. You can retrieve it from a grave and re-wear it as well.
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/26/2017 06:35 PM CST
Only way to fix that is to require a minimum amount of ranks before you can use certain gear, but of course that will not happen so moving on.

I enjoy watching the line of folks who script through Dokt's in Knife Clan. They stack up like trucks at a weigh-station, and lay down in such a wonderfully orderly manner it brings a tear to my eye. Then they politely script out and the next one lays down, while same routine is ongoing within Wolf Clan at leather repairs, etc.

First Impression of Crossing: Folks love climbing it's walls.

+Gidske
http://elanthiprofiles.com/
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/26/2017 09:09 PM CST

hahahh! Is THAT what's going on? I was just like "oh, kids these days...."
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/27/2017 10:13 AM CST
>>Only way to fix that is to require a minimum amount of ranks before you can use certain gear, but of course that will not happen so moving on.

For what it's worth, weapon flares are skill-based. I'd love to see other combat enchantments factor in skill with the weapon (or armor) that they're placed on.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/27/2017 03:02 PM CST
They need more bind on pickup items.

They need more stuff that costs a LOT of plats to craft. Want to craft a kertig greatsword, you need to pay 10K plats just to craft it. Pull coins out of the system that way.

Want to craft a steel broadsword pay 1K.

We could fix the economy but it would be really painful and involve crafting.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/27/2017 03:30 PM CST
>>They need more bind on pickup items.

Agreed. Or at least requires some kind of bindable action before it can be used (first time armor/equipment/fluff is worn, a weapon is used, etc).

>>They need more stuff that costs a LOT of plats to craft.

I'd rather see the money generation adjusted overall than have everything cost tons.

>>Want to craft a kertig greatsword, you need to pay 10K plats just to craft it. Pull coins out of the system that way.

I don't think this would do anything but gate non-quest equipment to higher level players. I don't think that's the right way to do things.

>>Want to craft a steel broadsword pay 1K.

This would pretty much gate the entire crafting system from anyone without notable bank.

>>We could fix the economy but it would be really painful and involve crafting.

Looking at things from a crafting perspective, I'd personally be more interested in the range of money made being tightened and the reason people hunt "harder" things be for materials to craft things. They don't necessarily have to be "better" materials, but instead "different" materials.

Re: tired of seeing this around town 01/27/2017 04:00 PM CST

> They need more bind on pickup items.

100% agreed. I would love to see a gem type box which has all potential items found in the regular game. Scrolls. Rare metals. Fluff. Gems. Everything.

You put in coins relative to your circle, and you pull out an item bound to that character. It wouldn't supplant rare metals through normal gathering because those metals would have to be used by the character that pulled the item. Maybe make different tiers.