scripting 11/06/2015 01:59 PM CST
been playin now for about five months, i used to play thing game like 10 years ago and i remeber running scripts to get places and things like that, but now after reading some things on the forums and playing for a bit it seems like people have scripts to do just about everything and looking at them is like reading code or something and hurts my head. call me old fashioned but i find enjoyment in typing and having control of my character for the most part, am I wrong or is this how the game is played nowaday with just getting on and running script after script?
Re: scripting 11/06/2015 02:05 PM CST
Play however you want, some people run scirpt after script, some people script very minimally. If you enjoy playing, play.
Re: scripting 11/06/2015 02:43 PM CST
The only wrong way to play is one you don't enjoy.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -
Re: scripting 11/06/2015 03:01 PM CST
I hand-type everything, and not a lot of people do that, but there's nothing wrong with scripting.

Some of the most responsive and engaging players I've encountered are running scripts to do everything but make snappy commentary.

There's lots of reasons to script, (or not to). Especially in combat, the screen can whip fast before you can reasonably be expected to react to it, not everyone has a 90wpm typing speed besides, and not everyone's hands are suited to significant typing for long periods. I expect if I'm still playing DR in a decade, I'll be running quite a few scripts to be kind to my burgeoning arthritis!

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: scripting 11/06/2015 11:52 PM CST
>>call me old fashioned but i find enjoyment in typing and having control of my character for the most part

play however you're comfortable, but I will say manually entering each attack, carve, mine, etc got a bit stale for me a decade+ ago.

I personally do manual commands until I "get" what I'm doing, and at that point I just script it. I do think players who jump right into scripts and don't really know what is going on are missing out, but even then that's just my view.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: scripting 11/10/2015 02:06 PM CST
Speaking of scripts I recently started playing again and am looking for some scripts that are updated or work with the new systems. Could you point me in the right direction? Any info would be appreciated!
Re: scripting 11/10/2015 02:13 PM CST
>Speaking of scripts I recently started playing again and am looking for some scripts that are updated or work with the new systems. Could you point me in the right direction? Any info would be appreciated!

Which Front End are you using? Elanthipedia has some.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Scripts

If you use Genie most of their scripts are on the genie forums.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: scripting 11/10/2015 02:20 PM CST

I'm actually using Stormfront but am having a hard time finding functioning scripts. I did find a few on elanthipedia. Maybe ill try genie if they have a better selection.
Re: scripting 11/10/2015 02:36 PM CST

> I'm actually using Stormfront but am having a hard time finding functioning scripts. I did find a few on elanthipedia. Maybe ill try genie if they have a better selection.

Genie is worth it for the automapper alone.
Re: scripting ::Thread over:: 11/10/2015 03:36 PM CST

Wrong folder for this discussion.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.