AFK on Test 05/24/2015 06:31 PM CDT
If I AFK script on Test, that's not a violation of policy, right? I want to gather a bunch of data, and it's tedious enough that I'd rather just automate it.
Re: AFK on Test 05/24/2015 07:13 PM CDT
Correct. Since Test only exists for testing purposes, it's not policed like Prime and Plat. Think of Test as like TF, but more broken.

I

"Could be worse, I could agree with Pureblade." ~ Samsaren
Re: AFK on Test 05/24/2015 07:19 PM CDT
>Correct. Since Test only exists for testing purposes, it's not policed like Prime and Plat. Think of Test as like TF, but more broken.

Man, I wasn't aware the GMs were logging in with personal accounts now.
Re: AFK on Test 05/24/2015 08:09 PM CDT
GMs never post on the forums using our player accounts, we're not allowed after we're hired up.

That said, if you're testing things in Test, you're fine.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: AFK on Test 05/25/2015 06:40 PM CDT
>> Man, I wasn't aware the GMs were logging in with personal accounts now.

Don't be so obtuse. It has been stated numerous times by numerous GMs that test is TF-rules - as if it isn't obvious enough when TF characters log in there with alterations that would make a mother cry. It's common knowledge.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: AFK on Test 05/25/2015 07:39 PM CDT
>>It has been stated numerous times by numerous GMs that test is TF-rules

Just to be clear - it's TF rules as far as scripting, roleplaying, etc. It's test. It's there to collect data and to break things.

You should still keep language and behavior in check since it's not an 18+ environment like TF. While PvP policy is rather irrelevant (see: healme), I ask that you not be overly disruptive to other players or we'll revoke your test access.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: AFK on Test 05/25/2015 09:55 PM CDT
>Don't be so obtuse.

I wasn't, actually. I was being snarky because he responded with GM-style authority, but I honestly hadn't ever read a GM statement which overtly and deliberately said AFK scripting was fine.

Obviously I'm not saying it didn't ever happen. I'm just saying I never read one. The most I could pull into my head was that it might be not-ok, just because the GMs have asked us not to spend a ton of time there, occasionally.