Warnings per character? 07/17/2013 09:46 AM CDT
Does anyone know if a change happened in first warnings for failing a script check? I always thought that the warnings were per character, but I just had a character get a first warning and get a reduction in all skills and stat point reduction. I know the rules are stronger in Plat, but this was in Prime.

I can live with failing the script check (I mean I really don't have any other option even though I responded and they still decided it wasn't fast enough), but the character went from having log out drain to stat and skill reduction for a script check that lasted at most 3 minutes.
Re: Warnings per character? 07/17/2013 09:52 AM CDT
Warnings are on players themselves, not on account and not on characters. So as you rack up warnings it goes against you and is applied across accounts and characters.

- Buuwl
Re: Warnings per character? 07/17/2013 10:05 AM CDT
Ahh ok. I wasn't sure since only one character loses the log out exp on an account for the first warning. If that is the deal, then I obviously have no issue with it. It just would have been nice if feedback said that instead of not answering.
Re: Warnings per character? 07/17/2013 12:52 PM CDT
News 5 17 in game covers this one, and yeah, with scripting warnings, they rack up across a player's accounts and characters within a year.

Additionally, feedback fields a LOT of work, so it may be that they missed your question (if they already replied to you) or they haven't reached the email yet.
---
NaOH+HI
Re: Warnings per character? 07/17/2013 01:38 PM CDT

<<News 5 17 in game covers this one, and yeah, with scripting warnings, they rack up across a player's accounts and characters within a year.>>

Doesn't it take a year and a half for you the player to have whats considered a clean record again? I.E. the penalties get reset to baseline.

- Buuwl
Re: Warnings per character? 07/17/2013 01:45 PM CDT
If you're good for one year, and you are then caught again, you should only be hit with the penalties of a first warning. IE: This is your warning, say yes that you understand our policy on AFK scripting and how it's bad.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Warnings per character? 09/18/2013 04:15 PM CDT

Hi there,

Just for confirmation on this.... I took a hefty skill penalty on one of my characters a bit over 2 years back.... if something happened now, I fall down stairs or something and get script checked and fail (due to being knocked out for example), would my warning be the first of the set? the no exp drain on sleep etc? not another huge skill loss? (I've had no warnings since that one over 2 years ago)

As an extra side note.... if I gave one of my friends one of my characters, I'm guessing the character leaves my account with a clean slate too? As in it wouldn't effect his account, and if for any reason he got hit on this character, it would be a first level warning too?

Thanks for clarity on this!!
Re: Warnings per character? 09/18/2013 04:57 PM CDT
>Just for confirmation on this.... I took a hefty skill penalty on one of my characters a bit over 2 years back.... if something happened now, I fall down stairs or something and get script checked and fail (due to being knocked out for example), would my warning be the first of the set? the no exp drain on sleep etc? not another huge skill loss? (I've had no warnings since that one over 2 years ago)

Can I just say that this is such an oddly specific and strange example. I mean, I get the point you're trying to make, but it's so strange. I can't help but ask, why are you (or anyone) playing DR while walking down stairs?

to the actual question though.

after 1 year of good behavior, you should start back at the 0 point (just a warning). You have the 6 months of no login exp drain + whatever other penalties you might incur, then another 6 months of probationary time. If you get through all of that with no further incidents then you start at 0 again (just a warning).

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Warnings per character? 09/18/2013 07:11 PM CDT

I would stop my script before getting to the stairs or something....

Gniloi
Re: Warnings per character? 09/18/2013 07:30 PM CDT
You should write feedback with your specific questions, if you transfer a character who has never been busted AFK he will not tarnish or do anything to the new account he goes too, even if the ACCOUNT he was on was tarnished. Feedback can tell you if your clear or not. I wouldn't trust anything you hear except from them.

- Buuwl
Re: Warnings per character? 09/19/2013 12:52 AM CDT
I believe it resets to 0 at one year, but it's per PLAYER, not per character.

- Starlear -