Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 07:43 PM CDT
could I get a defintion of what this is and how long it lasts? I got hit with a AFK scripting warning for in the GM's own words "unresponsive for 6 minutes" even though I wasn't running a script, and evidently this experience inefficency thing applies and no GM's that I got a hold of through assists could explain it.
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 07:47 PM CDT

I think offline experience drain is lost for that? Not sure if it's the same thing, but maybe.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:00 PM CDT
I believe Katt is right.

>>I got hit with a AFK scripting warning for in the GM's own words "unresponsive for 6 minutes" even though I wasn't running a script

Also, while the policy mentions scripting in specific, it doesn't ONLY entail that. Any form of inattentive experience or other advantageous gain is against policy. For example, going afk (with no scripts running) in combat or putting yourself in sleep mode and continuing to hunt. In the first, you would be gaining defense experience while away from the game; In the second, you would be gaining a monetary advantage (all those coins/gems/pelts/etc).

It's alright to drain pools, but you have to be careful not to be adding anything extra into them. If you need to step away your best bet is to either A) log off, or B) go somewhere out of the way, like an inn room or a house, and put yourself into sleep mode.
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:17 PM CDT
well I was standing at the Rossman's gate, not in a class, not scripting.....just standing there....so I was not actively gaining experience...I was just OOC running to the bathroom....so if standing still, not scripting, not actively learning is now AFK scripting....we're all screwed
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:24 PM CDT
Having no clue about the GM or what preceded the "bathroom break," unless you used the "sleep" command you still have the potential to gain exp while AFK. We, as third hand peanut gallery, have no idea if the GM was testing you for 30 min previously while you were in combat or braiding or whatever. Contacting feedback would be an option open to you.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:27 PM CDT
You will lose your offline experience draing for 6 months. Whatever you do, don't get busted again during that period of time. If I know I'm going to be AFK for a period of time, I'll usually find an out of the way room with zero traffic and slip into hiding. I don't want anyone trying to interact with me if I'm unable to respond. If I think I'm going to be gone for more than 15 minutes, I'll just log out and log back in when I return. Logging out is probably your safest option.

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:37 PM CDT
ok let me reiterate I was never afk....in the GM's own words I was unresponsive for 6 minutes....not scripting learning....not listening to a class,not doing anything at all other then being IG....the scenario was this....first send from GM i was at theren gate and had already started a travel script to Rossman's....second warning on the rope bridge where I was unable to respond due to mechanics of the rope bridge....third warning aftet I got off rope bridge and was in RT and also unable to respond due to mechanics....then there were FOUR fourth warnings while i was standing at Rossman's gate doing nothing

all in under 6 minutes....

so evidently....doing nothing is now AFK scripting if you have anything in your pools
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:44 PM CDT
> so evidently....doing nothing is now AFK scripting if you have anything in your pools

AFK traveling is AFK scripting. You could have responded to the second and third warnings once you arrived at Rossman's.
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:50 PM CDT
<<.first send from GM i was at theren gate and had already started a travel script to Rossman's

What were you doing prior to that?

[==Vyraka==]
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:53 PM CDT
I would write to feedback. I think the stance on AFK traveling flip-flops a bit. Some GMs say "No, it's an advantage" and others say "No, it's fine." There might have been spots where you might have picked up a dabble of experience, like in bandits across the rope, but it shouldn't have been enough for a warning, in my opinion.
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 08:55 PM CDT
>so evidently....doing nothing is now AFK scripting if you have anything in your pools

All that is evident is that we don't have the details of why you were given a scripting warning. Like someone mentioned before, writing to feedback would be your best bet. The EMAIL verb in-game will give you a list of relevant email addresses to use to have your scripting violation explained to you.
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 09:01 PM CDT
Travel scripts are not experience gain (Unless, you know, they are. Which they can be if you're climbing or swimming or so forth) and will not get you an long term experience scripting violation.

I reviewed your records since it came up JARRETTJ26 and your situation was not entirely as you describe. Comment beyond that would be improper for the forums, and I suggest you contact feedback if you need further clarification. DRFeedback@simutronics.com.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 09:12 PM CDT
damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I have to say the unresponsive presence is horrible today. I've been gone a number of years. After my return I find that the number of unresponsive people is embarrassing. Just now I was walking along and saw something on the ground I wanted. The player in the room was completely unresponsive, so I took it.

I log out if I'm going to be gone even a couple minutes. But that's me.

You do an incredible backflip with a beautiful twist rotation, gaining nearly five feet of air and landing neatly on your feet without so much as a wobble!
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 09:13 PM CDT
I believe the inefficiency penalty means that for some amount of time, your actions will either garner less experience per action, or there will be a penalty applied to the rate at which you drain experience.

In other words, your training will be penalized for a while.

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 09:36 PM CDT
> Travel scripts ... will not get you an long term experience scripting violation.

I recline corrected.
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 10:47 PM CDT
<<In other words, your training will be penalized for a while.>>

This.

In most cases, by the time the scripters wake up in the Holding Room, it's already worn off.

Solomon
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 10:55 PM CDT
>>I reviewed your records since it came up JARRETTJ26 and your situation was not entirely as you describe.

My monocle just popped off in surprise.
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/14/2011 10:56 PM CDT
<<well I was standing at the Rossman's gate, not in a class, not scripting.....just standing there....so I was not actively gaining experience...I was just OOC running to the bathroom>>

Assuming that's accurate, then you shouldn't have gotten a warning.

<<....so if standing still, not scripting, not actively learning is now AFK scripting....>>

It's not. Never has been, never will be.

<<we're all screwed>>

Doubtful.

Solomon
Re: Experience inefficiency 09/15/2011 07:40 PM CDT
To the original poster, you seem to have changed your story throughout these interchanges. Though I am not a SIMU employee/employer, nor in any way a staff member, here is my opinion:

That's awfully fishy.

To the person who said people are being awfully unresponsive, yes true. Join the club that think this is wrong, and start making more events and attending more events, and get away from the Script-o-holics club. I think I want to make a Non-official group known as:

"Da da da daum."

"Pause for affect."

"Script-o-holics Anonymous."

-Shadow7988