PvP Stances 01/10/2010 08:08 AM CST
been seeing a lot of unofficial information on these I was wondering if a GM could clear up some confusion for me. Was hoping to get a working example of specifically the difference between guarded and closed.

-=<(Taeja Vakeho'leyiye)>=-

"Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts." ~ The Buddha"
Re: PvP Stances 01/10/2010 09:23 AM CST
It's spelled out pretty clearly in the help. I'm not sure why you'd need working examples.

2. GUARDED - This setting indicates that you are open to PVP conflicts, provided you're aware they're coming. This option is good for people who enjoy PVP and enjoy "GM-less" conflict, as long as all parties involved are consenting and have agreed beforehand what's going to happen.

3. CLOSED - This setting indicates that you prefer to do everything you can to avoid PVP. Please note that this setting does not PROTECT you from PVP, it merely states that you're not generally interested in participating. If you choose to do things that cause bad feelings or ill will, however, you may get involved in PVP whether you like it or not.
Re: PvP Stances 01/10/2010 09:41 AM CST
And that, as far as policy is concerned, they are both equivalent.

In my opinion....

2. GUARDED - Person might be interested in RPing confict, if it is clear IC both parties are interested, there won't be any problems. WARN <player> COMBAT just to be sure, maybe even confirm in OOC about where things are going before they escalate too far. Be prepared for them to hit the REPORT button if they lose anyways.

3. CLOSED - Don't bother starting a conflict that could escalate to PvP. Start with WARN <player> COMBAT and escalate IC and OOC warnings from there, if they are starting the conflict. Repeat WARN COMBAT just before things blow up as a final precaution. Then be prepared for them to hit the REPORT button anyways.

-pete
Re: PvP Stances 07/05/2010 10:51 PM CDT
Huzzah!