Re: items on ground policy 05/31/2007 08:09 AM CDT
I'm curious. In a crash situation, if there's an item on something other than the ground, like a table, bed, weapons rack, etc, will it be lost at all, or when the game comes up, will that same item be in place still? If it doesn't come back, is it eligible for replacement?

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: items on ground policy 05/31/2007 08:28 AM CDT
>>I'm curious. In a crash situation, if there's an item on something other than the ground, like a table, bed, weapons rack, etc, will it be lost at all, or when the game comes up, will that same item be in place still? If it doesn't come back, is it eligible for replacement?

I'm not a red name person, but to the best of my knowledge, all areas not on your character count as "ground" as far as item replacement goes except vaults and specific areas in boats and premium homes that are meant to store items in a vault-like fashion. As such, the table, weapons rack, and bed spots would all be eligible, as much as anything is.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: items on ground policy 05/31/2007 12:06 PM CDT
Things in your home, such as the table, bed, weapons rack, on top of the fire place, armor stand;

Should all be safe during crashes. If you know for certain they were there, assist and a GH can help get a GM to look into things. Remember, "Home Save" is your friend. So if something does get wiped during a crash, they have something to look at to double check everything. If I remember correctly on how that works. Hope that helps some!

~Dalkin~
Re: items on ground policy 05/31/2007 01:45 PM CDT
Items in your house should be treated differently for the simple fact that they were never on your person. You order them in the shop, they show up in your home, so they should be safe. Items on the furniture (at least a couple of years ago) were safe as well.
Re: items on ground policy 05/31/2007 03:07 PM CDT
Well, I don't have a house, and can't ever. I'm actually more concerned with furniture in public places like... guilds and errr, other rooms with tables and such.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: items on ground policy 07/01/2007 09:00 AM CDT
For whatever reason Simu is opposed to single account item transfers.

If you only have one account with multiple characters and want to transfer items from one character to another there is no way safe to do it alone. Other games provide mechanics for this process. Simu does not, at least not in DR.

I believe they want people to become frustrated with this and purchase a second account.
Re: items on ground policy 07/01/2007 09:41 AM CDT
>I believe they want people to become frustrated with this and purchase a second account.

I do believe Solomon said he was looking into some way to allow single account item transfers.

The Prydaen word for Woman is Yif.
That explains a lot.

Lots more stuff coming 'Soon'!

http://www.zairius.com

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: items on ground policy 07/01/2007 10:38 AM CDT
actually if you are only transferring 1 item, and you have a premium item in a home, and a furniture item such as a table, all you have to do is put that item on the table, and you can get it with your other character upon logout. For heavier items such as armor you need to have an armor stand or a weapon rack, etc.

But it WOULD be nice if 1 character could use all the other characters in that accounts vaults and stuff. :-)

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: items on ground policy 07/01/2007 10:48 AM CDT
There are tables, counters, beds, hammocks, and display cases all over the place, why not just use a shop in an out of the way place?

This opinion brought to you by soylent green. Results will very from person to person.
Re: items on ground policy 07/01/2007 12:21 PM CDT
Many of them aren't set up to save items. It'd be like putting your stuff on the ground, ergo the janitor gets it instead.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: items on ground policy 08/08/2007 12:57 PM CDT
I know I'm way late to this conversation, but I'll grace you with my very experienced and hard-won knowledge:

The only items you should expect to be replaced are items on your person, items that "operate" on the ground like pyramids, items in your vault, or items on furniture in your home (may require a HOME SAVE to be sure).

Items on boat furniture, although they are typically totally immune from game crashes (they don't disappear), will be treated exactly the same as if they had been on the ground when lost - i.e. no replacement. This has been verified by GM posting in the Waterways and Ships folder.

Items on furniture around Elanthia (like shop counters, tables, bars, etc)... yeah right! No replacement.

Legendary Thief Kraelyst the Hand

"The day is for honest men, the night for thieves."
-- Euripides
Re: items on ground policy 08/14/2007 06:27 PM CDT
But, if you're say, swimming back from basilisks with a busted arm and you drop your sword you've had forever and it's one of two alterations you've ever had on your standard account and you swim back as fast as you can to get it...
Isn't there a reasonable way to allow such items to remain for longer than a nano-second?

Kind of bummed without my sword.

Master Craftsman Thryntyrlz BagMaker steps out from under Caelfind's road-worn traveler's cloak.
Re: items on ground policy 08/16/2007 03:05 AM CDT
Hate to say it....but shouldn't you have stowed your sword...before swimming with a busted arm? I'm mean...come on..
Re: items on ground policy 08/16/2007 06:48 AM CDT
>Hate to say it....but shouldn't you have stowed your sword...before swimming with a busted arm? I'm mean...come on..

In retrospect, sure. But anything that's altered by a GM should have an anti-janitor flag set. There's no reason for GM effort to be eaten. Even if the original player loses the item, someone ought to benefit from it.
Re: items on ground policy 08/16/2007 10:44 AM CDT
<<But anything that's altered by a GM should have an anti-janitor flag set.>>

Almost everything is altered by a GM to some degree.

<<There's no reason for GM effort to be eaten.>>

There's no reason to put something you want to keep on the ground if it doesn't belong there.

Solomon

"Experience will come, it's not a race or anything. The ones who kill themselves to get to the finish are the ones who tire out quickly."
http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: items on ground policy 08/16/2007 11:15 AM CDT
I meant a custom alteration - a unique item.