name changes 08/01/2005 12:50 AM CDT
Just curious, is it ever all possible to have one's first name changed, if it was deemed inappropriate or OOC? I've seen characters pulled up to get their name changed sometimes a little while or even longer after the character was created, so it is still possible that you can have it changed even after existing in the realms awhile? I know the main reason against this is to prevent someone avoiding trouble caused by their character or other abuse, but I was wondering if a name can be changed after the fact in certain cases? The reason I ask: I've had an extra character I've been training more recently, a thief, and his name alone sometimes outs him and makes any attempts and disguising useless. I don't want to release the name to the public, but I took it out of a random name generator and the way I pronounce it, it is harmless. But many people i've bumped into in the realms see it as two words, which together sound OOC. sorry I have to be vague. If I could discuss this with a GM or something, send me an email to this simu address, or should I assist in game to have a conversation about it?
Re: name changes 08/01/2005 04:01 PM CDT
If it's deemed against policy, a GM will let you know even if it's brought to their attention 5 years later (policy is policy, and they aren't about to grandfather anyone in because some statute of limitation ran out). You usually cannot, however, change your name because you no longer like it, it sounds funny, or realized you made a mistake; as long as it's not breaking naming policy you will either have to get lucky, live with it, or reroll.

J'Lo, no that other one