Board Policy 08/05/2004 04:03 PM CDT
What do notifications do to you? If you get too many they tar and feather you?
Re: Board Policy 08/05/2004 04:19 PM CDT
I wandered that myself. I keep getting post mugged for being to negative. Do these things add to warnings? Lock outs? banned from the boards? Or I am goin to walk out on the front porch one morning with a cup off coffee and get hit over the head by a board monitor with a BIG HAMMER OF DOOM?

Just A Cleric
Re: Board Policy 08/05/2004 04:27 PM CDT
<<Or I am goin to walk out on the front porch one morning with a cup off coffee and get hit over the head by a board monitor with a BIG HAMMER OF DOOM?>>

Dont give Pomae anymore ideas. Now I'm gonna be scared to get up and go to work.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: Board Policy 08/05/2004 06:26 PM CDT
>>>Or I am goin to walk out on the front porch one morning with a cup off coffee and get hit over the head by a board monitor with a BIG HAMMER OF DOOM?

Nope. IGORR makes a house-call.

Fear the oubliette.

Amagaim; the player of,

Keep your chin up. You'll look tougher than you are. You'll also be accused of having an "attitude." Punch them in the groin and tell them you don't HAVE an attitude.

---Signs Of Your Life, Hentaraen 3, 3
Re: Board Policy 08/06/2004 07:18 AM CDT
The email you receive explains the nature of the notification. Some posts are just hidden, other are hidden with a warning, I have heard there are cautions also but I have never gotten one so I don't know if it is the same as a warning or is at another level. Get too many and you get locked out of the boards.

Sylvado

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
Re: Board Policy 08/06/2004 09:07 AM CDT
There are three "levels" of notification:

notification, caution, and an actual warning.

-a

Andy
Re: Board Policy 08/06/2004 09:31 AM CDT
Also, any cautions/warning on any simu product can be applied to any other simu product. So, caution/warning on the boards could result in you getting a longer lockout from the game depending on circumstances.

I am --- Navak
Re: Board Policy 08/06/2004 10:34 AM CDT
<<There are three "levels" of notification:

<<notification, caution, and an actual warning.

I always seem to skip right over caution and jump right to warning.

Sylvado

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
Re: Board Policy 08/06/2004 09:35 PM CDT
And to double-check on your number of notifications, cautions, and/or warnings, you write to Feedback, right?

I know I've had a few posts pulled due to being in a thread that was ended just before I finished writing it (which is why I now go through and doublecheck that the thread is still active, especially on obnoxious topics), and one that was just plain stupid of me. But from what I gathered, the first set doesn't affect your account unless it would've been pulled on its own merits, or lack thereof.

But due to a misbehaving hard drive, I no longer have the note regarding the "plain stupid" post getting pulled, so I don't have it around to check.

Amagaim; the player of,

Keep your chin up. You'll look tougher than you are. You'll also be accused of having an "attitude." Punch them in the groin and tell them you don't HAVE an attitude.

---Signs Of Your Life, Hentaraen 3, 3
Re: Board Policy 08/07/2004 04:41 AM CDT
I've received a few notifications of posts getting pulled due to threads getting hidden. The notifications don't effect your account.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Board Policy 08/07/2004 09:13 AM CDT
<<But from what I gathered, the first set doesn't affect your account unless it would've been pulled on its own merits, or lack thereof.

You generally don't get a warning for posting in a closed thread. When they start using the word 'disruptive' that you need to keep up with things.

Sylvado

Re: Board Policy 08/08/2004 03:47 PM CDT
There are 3 levels like Andy posted. However, the reason it was pulled can also be a factor. Having a post removed for "Thread Hidden" or "Out Of Context" because you replied to a post that was pulleed is trivial and essentially not a problem. A human (Yes GMs and even BMs are human) reviews your records so other decisions depend on the actual circumstances and your overall history.

Eyrick Emal
DR Board Monitor

Send any questions or complaints to me at Mod-Eyrick@play.net or my supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net or use Feedback.
Re: Board Policy 08/10/2004 10:31 AM CDT
So will they Email me and make it very clear if I get something more severe than a Notification? Most of the Emails being sent to me say "Notification: Disruptive."
Re: Board Policy 08/10/2004 12:23 PM CDT
If you read the email it will state, in it's own paragraph, "You have not incurred a penalty as a result of this post being hidden."

Sylvado

Re: Board Policy 08/10/2004 03:15 PM CDT
It didn't say that :(. It said I would have to give up my first born. (Actually it didn't say anything about a penalty.)
Re: Board Policy 08/10/2004 06:13 PM CDT
"Notification: reason" is a notice. It would say "Caution: reason" or "Warning: reason", unless the moderator changes it. . . which seems unlikely.

Andy
Re: Board Policy 08/11/2004 03:11 PM CDT
Just said, "Notification: Disruptive" at the top, so now I understand, thanks for clarifying Andy.
Re: Board Policy 08/11/2004 05:54 PM CDT
You're welcome.

Andy