Does Consent have a statute of limitations? 02/07/2004 06:55 AM CST
How long after an offending incident would someone be able to get revenge by killing the offender?

~Broker Teloxius
Re: Does Consent have a statute of limitations? 02/07/2004 06:34 PM CST
>>>How long after an offending incident would someone be able to get revenge by killing the offender?

From what I understand, it depends on the offense itself. For stealing/graverobbing, technically it can go on forever, or at least until the offending party returns the goods or the offended party gives up and accepts that justice is done.

For spell/assault or generalized nastiness, I believe it has a limited timespan. I don't believe you can be assaulted by someone and then wait for a year to get your revenge. Common sense is what prevails in this area according to the GM/NOGM intervention policy.

So best guess, I'd say somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks. That is within the realm of common sense, I'd think.

Amagaim: the player of,

Insanity not required
We provide training.

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: Does Consent have a statute of limitations? 02/08/2004 09:16 AM CST
From the best of my understanding, it completely depends on how often the characters play and where they go.

For example:
Theif person (does not have to be guilded) steals from my Paladin, I have consent. We both live in Riverhaven and play almost constantly. I walk by the theif several times a day, consent is given up in a few days.

Second example:
Thief person (does not have to be guilded) steals from my Paladin, I have consent. Theif runs off and loggs out. I put said theif on my highlight list and never see them log on for a month. After they do log on, I ask someone to locate them and find they are on a different continent. Not having any other business over there, and with them almost never being on, I don't bother to track them down. 8 months later, I see them walk by me in Riverhaven and kill them, they report, I tell the GM's what happened, no intervention.

Consent is based on a "reasonable time". Since that person was never on, the "reasonable time" has not worn out yet.

Rogtos - The fast and (not so) cheep empath

Love is a chemical imbalance and life is a sexually transmitted disease.