cyclic spells 01/22/2013 09:49 AM CST
People who have low arcana skill might not be able to use Discern to see if a spell is cyclic.

Which is one of the problems with giving DISCERN a skill check.

Just saying, better to ask the guildleaders about the spell if you have any questions. And let them tell you that the spell is cyclic as part of the spell description.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: cyclic spells 01/22/2013 10:58 AM CST
I think it might be important to point out barbs should drop all forms, meditations, and berserks as well before they idle.

- Buuwl
Re: cyclic spells 01/22/2013 11:25 AM CST
Is it that hard for people to figure out if they're using a cyclic or not?

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: cyclic spells 01/22/2013 12:21 PM CST
>>Is it that hard for people to figure out if they're using a cyclic or not?

You'd think the pulsing mana usage would give it away.
Re: cyclic spells 01/22/2013 12:26 PM CST
While I think it's bonkers for someone to not realize if they're using a cyclic after it is cast, now that cyclics lack a prep timer maybe it wouldn't hurt for a line right after one is prepped like "You feel the cyclic nature of the spell ready to be unleashed" or whatever.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: cyclic spells 01/22/2013 08:57 PM CST
>> "You feel the cyclic nature of the spell ready to be unleashed"<<

I really like this idea.

"Nope, I decided parry will remain completely and utterly useless. Try something else."