Re: IMPORTANT *IMMEDIATE* CHANGE TO SCRIPTING POLICY: Old warnings...? 03/06/2003 07:59 PM CST
<<well over two years ago. I don't intentionally script afk (or aak[asleep at keyboard]), but if it ever happened again, would the warnings from over two years ago still be on the books, or would they have expired.>>

I hate answering questions like this, because someone always ignores phrases like "generally speaking" or "as a general rule" and tries to put a strict interpretation on it.

That said ...

GENERALLY SPEAKING, we do not, AS A GENERAL RULE, pay as much attention to isolated older incidents. We GENERALLY focus on the most recent 6-9 months of an account's history, rather than older things AS A GENERAL RULE.

ALSO (from another folder, but I'm going to be lazy and combine posts so I can crosspost) ...

<<Those players with 1 or more scripting violations does that already count toward your 3 scripting total. Also, in the case someone reaching that third level, and loosing all his/her characters, does the counter reset to 0 once more?>>

GENERALLY SPEAKING, previous warnings DO count, although they are somewhat weighted AS A GENERAL RULE, as mentioned above.

As for the second half of that question ... I sincerely hope we never have to find out. I'd hate to think someone could come back after the ultimate penalty and pick right back up where they left off. I suppose if it ever does happen, we'll have to weigh various factors, such as time between warnings, general account history, etc. Jiminey ... I'm afraid I'd have to buy this person a 3-month membership to DragonRealms:The Fallen and encourage them to ply their trade over there. <ducks!>

SGM Riel Mystsong,
CE Team Leader

This message was originally posted in DragonRealms Policy Discussions, Scripting policy. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=2&topic=10&message=489