Consent/Graverobbing/Abuse 08/21/2004 09:27 PM CDT
Alright...here goes. Got into a fight with a fella. I killed him...he killed me. He had assisted before killing me...and during the battle, the GM showed up...preventing me from using area spells. This isn't by any means the only way to kill someone...but it was the only way I was trying at the moment and thus loss the duel. Over and done with. He graverobbed an item from me, I followed him around, killing him for a while, and he said he didn't have it. So I accepted less then it was worth (my own fault) in return...but later I found out that he was gloating about pulling the wool over my eyes, so to speak, and that he had sold the item for a considerable amount of money...do I still have consent? Am I owed the item back, because of the GM's accidental intervention?
Re: Consent/Graverobbing/Abuse 08/21/2004 10:17 PM CDT
* How many times can you kill me over a theft?
Until justice is served. Until the item(s) or coins have been returned, or an amicable and reasonable solution has been reached. Yes, this means I may die more than once because some people won't drop it. If it gets to be ridiculous, then we're possibly entering into harassment, which is another ball o'wax entirely.

From news 5 25.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Your mind hears Gelicast thinking, "shoot the gelv cyclops, not gelicast"
Re: Consent/Graverobbing/Abuse 08/21/2004 10:59 PM CDT
The problem you'll run into with this individual, as he has already shown he will push the report button vs role playing the situation out...

<<amicable and reasonable solution has been reached>>

You came to an agreement, an "amicable solution" so, although you got new information later on, the conflict between you was over. If you push one of two things will happen, either you'll get busted for unconcented pvp, or it will be deemed a no-gm situation. It's up to you whether you want to task the risk of a warning or not.

Personally, I'd try to contact the player through OOC means (aim, email, etc). Describe what you feel is a mutually beneficial solution (win-win situation, not give it back or I'll keep killing you, that's not a compromise). Hopefully the player is more reasonable than the character.

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal

AetherDR: I couldn't make that jump because my skinning sucks
HeroiklimDR: well, we are clerics. our survivals are supposed to suck.
Re: Consent/Graverobbing/Abuse 08/22/2004 02:52 AM CDT
you have consent still till you are repaied in full...

* You scammed me out of 4000 plats!
YES -- It's consent. If you think that you're slick for tricking another player out of some significant coin and/or that special item, please do not be surprised if they decide to take it out of your hide in repayment. Scamming other players out of their coin or items DOES place you under implied consent, do so at your own risk.

Yamcer

Listen to the MUSN'TS , child,
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES , the WON'TS
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me-
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be.
Re: Consent/Graverobbing/Abuse 08/22/2004 03:14 AM CDT
Oh, I forgot all about the scamming policy. good catch Yamcer.

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal

AetherDR: I couldn't make that jump because my skinning sucks
HeroiklimDR: well, we are clerics. our survivals are supposed to suck.
Re: Consent/Graverobbing/Abuse 09/11/2004 07:07 PM CDT
It's all a grey area. You may get warned, you may not get warned.

Let us not forget that one part of policy that states something akin to 'Discipline for disruptive behavior is up to the GM dealing with the disruptive behavior at that time. What is or is not disruptive behavior is entirely at the discression of Simutronics'

That's the grey area loophole everyone loves. A GM could come down and warn you for being disruptive because you decided to recite 'Can anyone heal me please? I'm dying!' to get some attention in a crowded empath guild.

9 out of 10 times, that wouldn't stick of course, but they'd be perfectly within policy doing it, which is why that sucks.

Know the apostrophe.