Re: Something needs to change.... 11/30/2005 03:02 PM CST
" And only by enough individuals pointing out that something is a problem does the issue reach critical mass and therefore lead to resolution"

And if an individual raises an issue that he feels where he was treated unfairly, he opens up the discussion also as to whether he was treated unfairly. If lots of players have a similar issue, then indeed it may be bringing a problem to light. If however, very few players have similar issues, it might be more of a problem with the individual rather than the system.

"But I was talking to a general trend that I have noticed in the forums. When someone says, "Hey, this happened and I don't think it's right and it needs to be changed," some people respond in a productive way"... But there is an equally large (often larger) contingent who basically takes to attacking the poster, sometimes with frightening venom."

I completely agree with you in this regards. This is often a problem with any discussion on the boards and I am sure alienates many who don't care to be attacked for every idea they put forth. Too often players are attacked personally ("only an idiot would do that") rather than discuss the ideas themselves