Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/02/2012 04:10 PM CST
I tried getting my caravan from the stables and was double charged and not returned my stabled caravan.

return car
Haldofurd says, "Ah, Monedero. Seems you owe us for the extra time we've been caring for your blue caravan. That will be 12000 Kronars for the stabling fees."
Haldofurd continues, "You owe 12000 Kronars in fees."
Haldofurd accepts your payment.

Haldofurd says, "Ah, Monedero. Seems you owe us for the extra time we've been caring for your blue caravan. That will be 12000 Kronars for the stabling fees."
Haldofurd continues, "You owe 12000 Kronars in fees."
Haldofurd accepts your payment.

> l
[Haldofurd's Barn, Caravan Stable]
Light filters through the open double doors illuminating the clean, whitewashed expanse of the barn's walls and dozens of spacious stalls line the interior, each thickly carpeted with fresh straw. Stable boys bustle about filling water troughs and currying road dust from newly-arrived pack animals under the watchful supervision of equally dusty caravan drivers.
You also see a hammered copper sign.
Obvious paths: out.

Can do that over and over and get double charged without receiving the caravan. Also can't rent a plain ole caravan since that one is out. Guess I'll test contract trading later.

Thanks for looking into it.
Re: [BUG] Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/02/2012 04:39 PM CST
Kodius returned my caravan to me and he knows about these bugs, but I just wanted to list a couple more that I've found.

I couldn't stable my caravan. I was told where I could pay off debts when I tried paying 500 to stable the caravan.

Another bug was my caravan was stealth. It had no messaging when it followed me into another room. So unless I kept looking I had no idea it was had come into my room yet or not.

Caravans leading isn't working. The caravans themselves will go to where you asked them to go, but you will not follow or go with the caravan.

Also can't go inside my caravan.

Lastly and I don't know if this is a bug and I'd like to keep it how it is since I think caravans already move far too slow is it seemed my caravan followed me into the next room after 3 seconds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it normally takes 5 seconds to follow into the next room.

All in all it seems that player owned caravans are broken, except the time it takes to follow. That works perfectly ;)
Re: [BUG] Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/02/2012 04:47 PM CST
I'm honestly curious if that's a bug in test or 3.0.

I know test as an instance has some significant differences from the other ones from what GMs have said in the past.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: [BUG] Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/02/2012 04:59 PM CST
Kodius mentioned something about there being no database information as there is in prime for the caravan to know that it's mine so most of the bugs are likely related to that.

I'll be interested to test it out again when they can get it working.
Re: [BUG] Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/03/2012 01:10 AM CST
I've been trading in Test for a few days, now.

Haven't had any of those issues.

My little Prime trader has no POC, however.

He's also trading in Hibarnhvidar.

Biggest issues I find are that Trading exp is nearly null from contracts, but am not real familiar with such a low circle trader, either.

He's gained almost 4 ranks in 48 hours, or so.

~P
Re: [BUG] Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/03/2012 04:30 AM CST
>>Biggest issues I find are that Trading exp is nearly null from contracts, but am not real familiar with such a low circle trader, either.

Contract experience is unusual. The initial reward of experience is small, usually only a couple mindstates (or even a single one if it's a low-price contract), but it provides experience over time. Are you able to get trading into higher mind states by continuously running contracts?
Re: [BUG] Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/03/2012 08:28 AM CST
i don't have an "inside room" POC, but I do have an outside one on my trader platside, there don't seem to be any negative 3.0 issues she's encountered when running a caravan. I think its probably a "test"-instance bug, rather than a "3.0" bug. I've been able to stable it etc. in the normal places.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: [BUG] Getting player owned caravan from stable is broken 12/09/2012 02:44 AM CST
>>Contract experience is unusual. The initial reward of experience is small, usually only a couple mindstates (or even a single one if it's a low-price contract), but it provides experience over time. Are you able to get trading into higher mind states by continuously running contracts?

Unfortunately not. Running them constantly doesn't help at all, since he's gone clear between deliveries. I can't speak for how it is now, I haven't fooled with test in a few days.

~P