Arrange all and Skinning 01/18/2013 10:26 PM CST
Not really a 3.0 question but still. I've heard that you can arrange all, succeed at skinning and still not get a perfect skin. I've never seen anything other than a perfect skin when using arrange all though.

Mind clarifying/setting me straight Kodius?
Re: Arrange all and Skinning 01/18/2013 10:29 PM CST
Given: Arrange boosts quality and difficulty. There are varying degrees of skinning success.

Supposition: It is possible for arrange to boost the difficulty to the point where your skinning success is not high enough to be a perfect skin, but not low enough to be counted as a total failure.
Re: Arrange all and Skinning 01/18/2013 10:48 PM CST
>>Supposition: It is possible for arrange to boost the difficulty to the point where your skinning success is not high enough to be a perfect skin, but not low enough to be counted as a total failure.

Confirmation: I've done this several times.

--Wryhk

1st grade tl;dr version:

Numbers didn't change. Words changed. Words don't matter. Numbers all that matters.

--GRIM45
Re: Arrange all and Skinning 01/18/2013 11:03 PM CST
No offense but I've heard confirmations both ways before even posting... Hence why I directed the question to Kodius.

Also wasn't it a guaranteed perfect skin(if successful) using arrange all as a ranger?
Re: Arrange all and Skinning 01/18/2013 11:04 PM CST
Take this one to the survival forums? I know it's exciting that the GMs are watching here but I want to keep this place as clear of non-3.0 questions as possible. Thanks!

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Arrange all and Skinning 01/19/2013 08:26 AM CST
>>No offense but I've heard confirmations both ways before even posting... Hence why I directed the question to Kodius.

Then you clearly don't understand how proof of a negative works. But to end the debate (without the need of a GM)

> arra all

You complete arranging the ape's corpse in a manner that, while making the process of obtaining a skin more difficult, guarantees a greater reward.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R> skin

You work hard at peeling the black pelt away from the bloody carcass of the ape, managing to get it without too much damage or splashing of gore.
You carefully fit a thick black pelt into your bundle.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

tl;dr

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh