EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 06:35 PM CST
Just coded up an addition to EXPERIENCE - If you convert AFTER this post is made, you will gain the ability to use EXP SWITCH {SKILL1} {SKILL2} to switch your magic skills after you've been grandfathered. This will last for 24 IG hours after the conversion, and can be done any number of times. You cannot SWITCH if you have field experience in any of these skills. This is to give you a chance (when combined with the global magic preview) to figure out what spells you can cast and want.

We just did a character wipe, but if you converted after the wipe but before this post, CHATTER and I'll try to enable the SWITCH ability for you.

If I don't respond, I'll be around this evening as well.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 06:48 PM CST
And this EXP Switch is for magic only, not the barbarian spirit skills correct?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Mechanical Lore Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 06:50 PM CST
It currently works for barbarians but I haven't confirmed with Kodius that that's what he wants. More on that once I've confirmed.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 06:54 PM CST
Well all spirit skills are via grandfathering and are at min circle requirements. So switching would REALLY hurt circling. But it might allow for the harder to learn skill to be higher, It is easier to learn inner fire than debilitation.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Mechanical Lore Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 07:02 PM CST
>>So switching would REALLY hurt circling.

No it wouldn't... Your 1st Supernatural and 2nd Supernatural skills would obviously switch as well.

I talked to Kodius, he approves of Barbs being able to move things around to fit their playstyle.

--

Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 07:17 PM CST
Awesome Socharis, thanks! I'll go give it a whirl in a few.

~ Player of Farman et al.
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 07:20 PM CST
>>I talked to Kodius, he approves of Barbs being able to move things around to fit their playstyle.

Oh wow. That's wonderful. Thanks!

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 10:48 PM CST
There was talk of condensing them all down to be closer to each other, like 72%, 71%, 70%, 69% instead of 90%, 80%, 70%, 60%. Is that still on the table?

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/14/2013 10:53 PM CST
>>There was talk of condensing them all down to be closer to each other, like 72%, 71%, 70%, 69% instead of 90%, 80%, 70%, 60%. Is that still on the table?

Unfortunately not. There's just not a good way to give people that option before the conversion happens, and after grandfathering has happened, things might be wacky anyway.

--

Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/15/2013 07:48 AM CST
<<Just coded up an addition to EXPERIENCE - If you convert AFTER this post is made, you will gain the ability to use EXP SWITCH {SKILL1} {SKILL2} to switch your magic skills after you've been grandfathered. This will last for 24 IG hours after the conversion, and can be done any number of times. You cannot SWITCH if you have field experience in any of these skills. This is to give you a chance (when combined with the global magic preview) to figure out what spells you can cast and want.>>

NOW you do this?

I would have LOVED To have been able to do this platside with a few characters.

I really don't have the words.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/15/2013 12:13 PM CST
>>I really don't have the words.

Chill. I'm looking into a way to give Plat people the same window, even if you're already converted.

--

Re: EXP SWITCH (for grandfathered magic skills) 01/15/2013 12:17 PM CST
>>Chill. I'm looking into a way to give Plat people the same window, even if you're already converted.

Thanks for looking out for us! I might switch debil with whatever is my lowest just so I don't need my combats to catch up to it as far as it already does.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).