Mech Lore Split question 01/13/2013 03:52 PM CST
If you'll notice below I only have 4 techs I can learn in Outfitting. I put 153 ranks into Outfitting when I split my mech lore up. I also have the same ranks in Forging and Engineering, but I received 5 techs per each of those skills excluding the two tech bonus for blacksmithing. Is there something wrong with the computations when splitting the mech up evenly?

You recall the crafting techniques you have learned.

You have chosen Blacksmithing as your Career. You have chosen Carving as your Hobby.

In the skilled trade of Forging, you can learn 0 techniques from any discipline, 0 techniques from the Blacksmithing Discipline, 0 techniques from the Armorsmithing Discipline and 0 techniques from the Weaponsmithing Discipline.

In the skilled trade of Engineering, you can learn 0 techniques from any discipline, 0 techniques from the Tinkering Discipline, 0 techniques from the Shaping Discipline and 0 techniques from the Carving Discipline.

In the skilled trade of Outfitting, you can learn 4 techniques from any discipline, 0 techniques from the Jewelry making Discipline, 0 techniques from the Tailoring Discipline and 1 techniques from the Artistry Discipline.

In the skilled trade of Alchemy, you can learn 0 techniques from any discipline, 0 techniques from the Remedies Discipline, 0 techniques from the Poisons Discipline and 0 techniques from the Cooking Discipline.

In the skilled trade of Enchanting, you can learn 0 techniques from any discipline, 0 techniques from the Runecrafting Discipline, 0 techniques from the Binding Discipline and 0 techniques from the Invoking Discipline.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Mech Lore Split question 01/13/2013 04:44 PM CST
Silly question, but are you remembering to take into account your Career and Hobby?

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Mech Lore Split question 01/13/2013 04:50 PM CST
>You recall the crafting techniques you have learned.

Does anyone else find it odd that it doesn't actually tell you which techs you know?
Re: Mech Lore Split question 01/13/2013 04:54 PM CST
>>Does anyone else find it odd that it doesn't actually tell you which techs you know?

You type Craft Blacksmith, Craft Weaponsmith, etc, to get that list

It would be a ton of spam if all that info was on the Craft verb by itself

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Apu
Re: Mech Lore Split question 01/13/2013 04:57 PM CST
>>Does anyone else find it odd that it doesn't actually tell you which techs you know?

>You type Craft Blacksmith, Craft Weaponsmith, etc, to get that list

Thanks! I had no idea. I never tried craft help, either, which I now sees tells you all this.
Re: Mech Lore Split question 01/14/2013 06:48 PM CST
I didn't have a career or hobby til after I noticed it.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen