Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 02:36 PM CST
As I understand it, for a non-Bard vocals will not be used to determine the Performance skill. So where do the vocal ranks go? lore bonus pool?

Thanks.
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 02:37 PM CST
> So where do the vocal ranks go? lore bonus pool?

Yep.
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 02:37 PM CST
>>lore bonus pool?

Yep.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 02:39 PM CST
>>Alphonsis: As I understand it, for a non-Bard vocals will not be used to determine the Performance skill. So where do the vocal ranks go? lore bonus pool?

For everyone except Bards, Vocals ranks are being dissolved into the Lore bonus pool.

Rationale: Most characters currently have "excessive" ranks in vocals due to continuous humming, which can be done during most activities with no roundtime. If players are allowed to keep these ranks, performing-based activities will have to have higher skill requirements to compensate.

"The reasoning behind bards getting vocals included in performance in this way is that some bards have trained Vocals using methods outside of HUM. Virtually zero other characters have trained vocals by singing rather than humming. Additionally, the reason for NOT including vocals is so that Performing isn't a horribly bloated skill for everybody that trained using HUM. If we included it for everybody, Performing would be the top lore for nearly everybody, and it would be at an insane number of ranks per circle compared to any other skill in that skillset. Bards are an exception to this because their performing must be high (since it's a circle requirement) and they have to train so many instruments." -- GM Socharis

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 02:52 PM CST
I thought the current plan was to have it get dumped into the lore pool for bards, too.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 03:08 PM CST
>>Teveshszat: I thought the current plan was to have it get dumped into the lore pool for bards, too.

Not according to the current documentation.

"The other exception is the Vocals skill. Vocals will not count when calculating the new Performance skill, unless you are a Bard."

https://www.sebeni.us/public/dr3/Skills.html

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 03:27 PM CST
thanks for the quick responses.

Happy New Years! ^_^
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/02/2013 03:32 PM CST
I think the calc is something similar to Hiding/Stalking in that for Bards it's up to 130% of any Non-Vocals instrument skill. So someone couldn't have 2000 Vocals skill and only have 100 ranks in strings/percussions/winds and still get 2000 Performance. In the above case, this Bard would only get 130 ranks in Performance.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Vocals for non Bard 01/03/2013 12:54 AM CST
>>I think the calc is something similar to Hiding/Stalking in that for Bards it's up to 130% of any Non-Vocals instrument skill. So someone couldn't have 2000 Vocals skill and only have 100 ranks in strings/percussions/winds and still get 2000 Performance. In the above case, this Bard would only get 130 ranks in Performance.

This is correct.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.