bone flail pattern 01/01/2013 09:25 PM CST
Can't seem to finish this one. I was carving along with the bonesaw, but am unable to continue sawing anymore, even tho it is suggesting otherwise:

GENT

Back and forth you saw an iron bonesaw across the flail's bones, ignoring problems with the bones that could be resolved by using the correct tool. Upon finishing you realize you sawed on an angle, and damaged the bone significantly!
Roundtime: 16 sec.

R> carve flail with bones
You cannot figure out how to do that. Perhaps finding suitable ingredients and studying some instructions would help.
> stow r

You put your bonesaw in your backpack.
> app flail careful
You are certain that the bone in the flail has a quality of 86, placing it at 'very high quality' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the bone in the flail has a durability of 15, placing it at 'terrible durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the bone in the flail has a workability of 75, placing it at 'rather easy to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the bone in the flail has an electrical resistance of 25, placing it at 'an exceptional conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the bone in the flail has a thermal resistance of 25, placing it at 'exceptional at transfering heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the bone in the flail has a physical resistance of 50, placing it at 'somewhat good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
The flail came from bones that were average in size.
The flail is fairly hard.
You think it is likely that the flail weighs around 55 stones.
You are certain that the flail is worth exactly 180 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

R> stow l

You put your flail in your backpack.
> get flail

You get an unfinished goblin-bone flail from inside your backpack.
> l in back
In the backpack you see an iron bonesaw, a master carving book, some bundling rope, some bleaching solution, some bleaching solution, a hand sword, a shiv, a bludgeon, an iron rasp, a hand sword, a hand sword, a bastard sword, a jar of surface polish, some square rifflers, a hide scraper, a red crystal shard, some hand claws, a perfect gargoyle-hide cowl, a falchion, a colorless albredine ring, a Guildleader K'miriel card, a Guildleader Kssarh card, a scimitar, an Immortal Hodierna card, a chamois cloth, some bundling rope, an origami-paper envelope, a bottle of fresh milk, a bottle of fresh milk, a bottle of fresh milk, a bottle of fresh milk, a bottle of fresh milk, a mace, some cat instructions, a card collector's case, a Nisha short bow, a composite bow, a forester's crossbow, a heavy crossbow, a goblin-skin sling, a gnarled mistwood staff sling, a repair kit, a bottle of fresh milk, a blue gem pouch, a blue gem pouch, a red compendium, a blue compendium, a black compendium, some perfect gargoyle-hide gloves, some steel knuckles and a purple crystal shard.
> pond
You ponder.
> get bones

You get an iron bonesaw from inside your backpack.
> swap

You move an unfinished goblin-bone flail to your left hand.
You move an iron bonesaw to your right hand.

> carve flail with bones
You cannot figure out how to do that. Perhaps finding suitable ingredients and studying some instructions would help.

> anal flail
You analyze the flail and learn more about its construction.
When crafting is complete this will be a type of finished bone blunt weapon.
The flail's surface looks smooth and ready for further carving.
From the progress so far, it looks like the flail is riddled with mistakes and practically worthless.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
Re: bone flail pattern 01/01/2013 09:31 PM CST
I did delete it. I have absolutely nothing to do with behind-the-scenes stuff, so I don't think putting my-way-out-of-the-loop theory of the cause forward would be helpful. I imagine it just makes me sounds like an arrogant know-it-all. That may actually be the case, but why broadcast it?

--Wryhk

1st grade tl;dr version:

Numbers didn't change. Words changed. Words don't matter. Numbers all that matters.

--GRIM45