Revised SoI 01/10/2013 01:09 PM CST
I've gone through and systematically re-balanced SoI for all guilds using actual formulas and stuffs. Here's the final list for rangers:

Reflex
Agility
Strength

Tactics
Outfitting

Scouting
Skinning
Outdoorsmanship
First Aid
Thievery
Locksmithing
Stealth
Perception
Athletics
Evasion

Debilitation
Augmentation

Missile Mastery
Offhand Weapon
Brawling
Polearms
Crossbow
Bow
Slings
Twohanded Edged
Large Edged
Small Edged
Parry Ability

Defending
Brigandine
Chain Armor
Light Armor

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 05:28 PM CST
Are we going to receive an armor "buff" spell? Many of us are interested in brig, but the hinderance is murder when compared to being in light armor for years. I'm going to train it either way, but would be nice to know that a spell is on the list.

Thanks,
Pathyn
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 05:41 PM CST
Are you sure the hindrance is as bad as you think it is? I'm not really on the up and up on that sort of thing, but I know appraisal ranges changed and it's been throwing people off in other threads.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 05:57 PM CST
I have to ask, why brigantine and not shield? And yes, I think rangers getting something to boost these makes sense. What's the likelyhood of something like this happening?
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 06:39 PM CST
To be honest, not sure. I don't use the skill right now. Just figured that having 3 armor skills under SoI would throw us a bone in respect to an armor spell. Anyone with some decent EXP in brig able to bring something to the table?

Pathyn
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 07:43 PM CST
If brig has stealth hindrance anywhere near what LP has, no ranger in his right mind is going to wear it.
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 07:47 PM CST
>>If brig has stealth hindrance anywhere near what LP has, no ranger in his right mind is going to wear it.

Umm, why not? Armor is sexy in 3.0, and so what if a Ranger doesn't want to train Stealth? There are plenty of Ranger abilities that are more out-in-the-open centric, and I could see a fairly beefy Ranger standing toe-to-toe with a Barbarian. Goodness knows they sure have the skillset for it.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 07:54 PM CST
lol ranger tank?
Re: Revised SoI 01/11/2013 08:38 AM CST
They should have dominate perception abilities, their armor should be relatively close to their evasion (they are secondary in armor remember, which is just as good as a Barbarian). They have plenty of combat utility (heck snipe isn't a sound plan for PvP).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Revised SoI 01/11/2013 11:00 PM CST
I do have to say thank you for the GMs posting. Arct has been around for well nearly since the beginning. Yes same owner so lets dispell the myths now. I have seen developemnt from Treveri to Jent and beyond. I appreciate the GMs posting and saying what they said. I am hopefully 3.0 will rock. I really am. Some things I hope don't kill us is TM,It made me angry how it was handled in the beginning, and has been my bane since. Just because if I have to backtrain I slow my ability to stay at level and I am already behind because well I cause to much trouble. I dislike TM it really makes me angry. I can appreciate the change...The other is companions and scouting. The last is hunting areas that are more adept for rangers in the higher end levels. Once we hit certain levels please balance the hunting so it can help advance all guilds. It is difficult to run back and forth.

Ohh and just because suck it GMs lol.

Can we get a guild advocate or some techie geek that wants to be our advocate?

Arct
Re: Revised SoI 01/14/2013 10:20 AM CST
a little late to the party here, but wanted to say thanks for tweaking the SoI for rangers. When i first saw the list I was very confused as to the thought process behind the various skills bonused and had asked for clarification. Never received any answer but my query had obviously not fallen on deaf ears. thanks for the work.
Re: Revised SoI 01/14/2013 11:17 AM CST
I'm not sure who wrote the initial SoI but before test was launched Socharis asked me to look over the SoI and I redid some of them on the fly that seemed... particularly odd. I knew fairly early on that I'd need to go through them again properly later which is why I didn't get bogged down in the nitty gritty after the first round. Sorry for the silence there.

-Raesh