Stampede spell and SPELL STANCE of duration 130% 12/30/2012 12:47 AM CST
Here is a check of the stampede spell and what I discovered using SPELL STANCE of Potency 100%, Duration 130%, and Integrity 70%.

1. First the Stampede spell. Noticed it was causing shield hits when the person cast at had no shield out or worn on the arm. Here is the log I took of this happening: Notice both Etherian and I cast it at the same time at him and got the same results, he has more magic skill than I do as well.

>prep stampede 40
>You say, "Check your vitality now."
>Shikrar says, "Full."
>target shikr
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around Shikrar.
>
Etherian begins to focus intently on Shikrar.
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around Shikrar has completed.
>cast
You raise your right hand skyward and make a quick whipping motion.
The pounding sound of a multitdue of beasts quickly grows louder as multiple horses formed of a orange-hued energy come into view from somewhere seemingly distant, stampeding straight towards Shikrar!
The horse explodes into an orange-hued mist as it impacts directly with Shikrar's shield.
The horse explodes into an orange-hued mist as it impacts directly with Shikrar's shield.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
R>
Shikrar says, "Still full."
>
You feel fully rested.
>
Etherian raises his right arm skywards and makes a quick whipping motion.
The pounding sound of a multitdue of beasts quickly grows louder as multiple horses formed of a orange-hued energy come into view from somewhere seemingly distant, stampeding straight towards Shikrar!
>You say, "Interesting."
>You say, "Appraise your shield."
>
Shikrar gets a shalswar-hide targe from inside his hitman's backpack.
>
Shikrar begins to carefully examine a shalswar-hide targe.
>
Shikrar puts his targe in his hitman's backpack.
>
Etherian says, "Definitely a bug.. horses running into a shield that is in his backpack."
>
Shikrar says, "A little scuffed, but I can't be sure I ever repaired it."
>You say, "Hmmm."
>
Shikrar says, "I don't even have a SHIELD shield."
>
Etherian begins to focus intently on Shikrar.
>l shikrar
You see Master of the Universe Shikrar, a S'Kra Mur.
Shikrar has slitted silver eyes, golden scales and a slender tail.
He appears to be young.
He is in good shape.

He is holding a crystal-inset oaken staff surmounted with a witch ball in his right hand.
He is wearing some plain black leather boots, a spiraling blackened moonsilver tailband set with haze sapphires, a rich sanguine silk gamantang stitched with dozens of gold medallions, a polished steel locket and a silver jadeite gwethdesuan.

2. Second, a side note on SPELL STANCE. With ranger magic we discovered that with Potency 100%, Duration 100%, Integrity 100%, we got a max duration with the INSTINCT spell of 39 Roisaen, which started to happen around 80 power cast with duration 100%. But when we switch to Potency 100%, Duration 130% and Integrity 70%, we got duration of 39 roisaen at 80 power. So that appears to indicate 39 roisaen is a max duration and that with Duration of 130% we just get to the max duration sooner (unless of course thats an error), so I repeated it with a 50 power cast (A cast of 50 with duration at 100% gives 29 roisaen on the duration). But with duration at 130% it produced a duration of 33 Roisaen, which appears to prove it just gets you closer to the max duration sooner but not over it (again unless its an error). However it does not appear to be 30% better than the 100% cast. Not sure what to think about this at the moment but it does not appear to be right.

3. Third, we also tried Duration 130% on the Memory Of nature spell for rangers. Neither Etherian or I can cast it at max power, it being a difficulty 4 spell for rangers. At 40 power I get 18 roisaen on the cast with duration of 100%. But at duration 130% I get a duration of 25 Roisaen while at 60 power Etherian can get it to 32 Roisaen Duration, which is not too bad. Now this does appear to be at least 30% increase in the spell duration, which is good but makes me wonder if I have to go through every spell we have and check how much of a duration boost we are getting at this point. Im pretty sure this is across the board with all spells including paladin spells like those that were being cast tonight. We did experiment with spell stance for a few things tonight. And i'm also not sure what spell difficulty plays in that duration increase as well.

Just a few things to look at when folks get the time. Now I just have to figure out how to figure out what potency gives and how I can prove it for augmentation spells like instinct, Hands of Lirisa, Senses of the tiger, etc.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.
Re: Stampede spell and SPELL STANCE of duration 130% 12/30/2012 01:14 AM CST
Spell stance determines mana point allocation, not direct effect. Based on a small amount of testing I did, it only affects mana points beyond min prep. So for Instinct at 50 mana and 130% duration, it should calculate the duration as if you had put ~65 points of mana into it. Try casting Instinct at 65 mana and 100% duration, and see how long it lasts.

Similarly, 40 mana Memory of Nature at 130% should be the same as 43 mana at 100%.
Re: Stampede spell and SPELL STANCE of duration 130% 12/30/2012 08:59 AM CST
>>Similarly, 40 mana Memory of Nature at 130% should be the same as 43 mana at 100%

40 * 1.3 = 52 right?

Also, I posted about the shield thing about a month ago.

Did the messaging about the you hitting the room get fixes? I think that was on the carrion spell where the token be used was "Room Title".

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Stampede spell and SPELL STANCE of duration 130% 12/30/2012 09:03 AM CST
>>40 * 1.3 = 52 right?

10*1.3 + 30

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Stampede spell and SPELL STANCE of duration 130% 12/30/2012 09:50 AM CST
>>it only affects mana points beyond min prep.

Missed that part... a very, very, important part.

Memory of Nature minimum prep is 30? Yikes.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry