Trails and scouting 12/01/2012 03:59 PM CST
Has anyone checked to see if running trails teaches scouting at a decent pace in 3.0?

Pathyn
Re: Trails and scouting 12/02/2012 12:38 AM CST

>>Has anyone checked to see if running trails teaches scouting at a decent pace in 3.0?

Pathyn<<

This. Please by all that is holy fix scouting. I use hunt all the time but I really want another method of training this. There is no reason why a non-combat skill is basically only trainable in combat. My scouting is falling behind just because it doesn't train well enough just in combat.
Re: Trails and scouting 12/02/2012 04:44 AM CST

I'm all for making our guild defining skill trainable and useful. I haven't tested trails, i'll try today, but I'd be very surprised to see any difference. i will be taking hunt out of my combat scripts most likely, because at times that extra 8 sec. means the difference between life and death. glad I only need 27 more ranks for the 150 req.
Sniper Shinumo
Re: Trails and scouting 12/02/2012 05:29 AM CST
10 min running trail with one message between end points.
Scouting: 491 09% considering (6/34)
had just pushed to 6/34 when i stopped, staying around 70% fatigue running with 50 stamina

cleared my exp with an orb
10 min running trail with 3 msg between endpoints.
Scouting: 491 16% thinking (5/34)
just pushed to 5/34
fatigue about the same as running the shorter trail

both cases perception never got above 1/34

I believe these results are using my exp bonus pool as well, so still not a viable means of training scouting IMO, but if you use this method, shorter trails are still the way to go. So...hunt like crazy now and use your bonus bits to crank up some scouting ranks in 3.0.
Sniper Shinumo
Re: Trails and scouting 12/02/2012 07:14 AM CST
Thanks for the info.