Nature's Canopy 11/26/2012 11:54 PM CST
I believe I remember when they first started discussing magic 3.0 changes, spells being combined, etc.. reading that Nature's Canopy and Blend were too similar and going to be combined or something..

Was that the reason it was removed? If so..could Blend take on some of the useful properties of Nature's Canopy?

I use Nature's Canopy all the time, and very very very rarely use Blend. I remember using it a few times when I got in trouble hunting when I was younger, with mixed results.

My main two uses for it was just traveling invisibly and searching out targets while keeping invisible.
Being able to move around while invisible seems harmless enough. I can recall a few forum posts awhile back complaining about some guild's ability to search while invisible.. not having the ability would take some getting used to, but that part I could live without if it meant being able to move while invisible was still an option.

I guess I am just wondering what the reasoning behind taking the spell away was.. if there's an AP invisibility spell in the works, a feat and way of casting that makes Blend multipurpose, if one of the spells had to go so that one was chosen, or whatever reason.. If I had to choose between Blend and Nature's Canopy, I'd definitely prefer keeping Nature's Canopy.
Re: Nature's Canopy 11/27/2012 09:26 AM CST
If I remember the original talks it was to combine Blend & Canopy into one spell.

Anything less than a full prep = Blend
Full prep = Canopy.

It could be in the works.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry