compost 11/22/2012 09:50 PM CST

I'm trying to figure out what this sentance means with regards to undead:

>The energy is too much for the living (and non-corporeal undead)to handle, causing normal bodily functioning to cease, resulting in a sudden, rapid decay at the site of the wounds.

I've had no luck with corporeal or non.

>cast
You lift your right hand, forming your fingers into the shape of a vulture's talons.
The spell pattern collapses at the last moment due to the undead state of a tortured soul.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

>cast
You lift your right hand, forming your fingers into the shape of a vulture's talons.
The spell pattern collapses at the last moment due to the undead state of a zombie goblin.

>
The spell pattern collapses at the last moment due to the undead state of a faenrae reaver.
Re: compost 11/23/2012 02:17 AM CST
>>I'm trying to figure out what this sentance means with regards to undead

It means that, along with all living things, the spell works on fleshy undead, but not ghosts.

>>I've had no luck with corporeal or non.

Similar to 2.0, you need to use a bit more mana above minimum preps to have most spells work on undead.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: compost 11/23/2012 05:31 PM CST

The energy is too much for the living (and non*-*corporeal undead)to handle...

Adding more mana did indeed make it work against fleshy undead, but the spell description actually says it should work against things without bodies. Looks like it was a typo.
[BUG] compost 11/30/2012 02:21 PM CST
If you prepare Compost as a targeted spell, TAR COMP doesn't auto-target. It prepares the spell normally.

Also, when you TARGET the spell, you will get the 'fully targeted' message, and if you wait longer, the 'fully prepared' message, just as you would if it weren't a targeted spell. I am not sure if this affects the accuracy of the spell or not, but it seems weird.

GENT
Re: [BUG] compost 12/06/2012 01:53 PM CST
This has been fixed. Compost now is only 1 slot, and only does the compost area feature. The TM portion has been moved into its own spell.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: [BUG] compost 12/06/2012 01:58 PM CST
Awe I was lookin forward to training sorcery with this in combat... oh well I can still clean rooms so its not a total loss.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: [BUG] compost 12/06/2012 02:14 PM CST
And that new spell is???

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: [BUG] compost 12/06/2012 02:25 PM CST
>>And that new spell is???

Too slow! :-P

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh