Holy Warrior 01/19/2013 11:59 AM CST
Does anyone know approximately how much PM and/or Attunement you need to get the Bless portion of the spell to work? Was messing around on the Test server for the first time(I procrastinate) and I can't get it for more than a minimum cast and apparently only the stun portion works at such low mana(I'm only at 116 PM and 119 Attunement).
Re: Holy Warrior 01/19/2013 12:20 PM CST
Not sure. I didnt know you needed to break a threshold for the bless effect. I'll jump on test and check when I can (assuming test is up?)
Re: Holy Warrior 01/19/2013 12:31 PM CST
Huh, apparently it's a problem with throwing weapons. I went to the vault and picked up a couple of non throwing weapons(it's all I had on me at the time) and it works fine, even if you melee with the throwing weapon(I hadn't even tried that before).

> prep how
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.

You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Holy Warrior spell.
> harn 10

You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
R>
* Ineptly, a tortured soul bites at you. You dodge.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
R> harn 10

You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and add it to the moderate amount already streaming around you.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R> cast

You clap your hands once in an august gesture of piety.
A blazing golden light erupts from the depths of your soul! Pulsating with thin grey fractures, the glow soon spreads to the whole of your body and your steel broadsword.

>
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maintain your cyclic spell.
>
* In a weak and directionless display of aggression, a tortured soul bites at you. You dodge.
[You're solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
> parry
You are already in a position to parry.
> attack

< With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you feint a triple-fullered steel broadsword with a cambrinth-inlaid hilt at a tortured soul. A tortured soul fails to dodge, taking the full blow.
The broadsword flashes with a dark golden light and lands a solid hit (4/22) to the soul's left arm.
[You're nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>
> wield spear

You draw out your light spear from the leather tube, gripping it firmly in your left hand and balancing with your right.
> swap

You move a triple-fullered steel broadsword with a cambrinth-inlaid hilt to your left hand.
You move a spear with a polished ebony shaft and a blade engraved with a lion's head to your right hand.
> attack
You need two hands to wield this weapon!
>
You feel fully rested.

>
* As if effort and skill were a bad thing, a tortured soul claws at you. You dodge.
[You're nimbly balanced and in good position.]
>
> put broad in my ruck

You put your broadsword in your rucksack.
> throw

You sense a tiny amount of mana slip away from you.
>
* With pathetic timing, a tortured soul swings at you. You block solidly with a gold-plated tower shield emblazoned with a majestic lion.
[You're nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
>
Your light spear passes through the tortured soul with no effect and falls to the ground!
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

R> get spear

You pick up a spear with a polished ebony shaft and a blade engraved with a lion's head.

> attack

< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you draw a spear with a polished ebony shaft and a blade engraved with a lion's head at a tortured soul. A tortured soul dodges.
The spear flashes with a dark golden light and lands a strong hit (6/22) to the soul's right arm.
[You're winded, solidly balanced and in good position.]
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
R>
Re: Holy Warrior 01/19/2013 01:03 PM CST
Doesn't Holy Warrior specify the weapon has to be in-hand? Kinda makes sense if so, though less than awesomeness for paladins.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Holy Warrior 01/19/2013 01:56 PM CST
Yeah. I didn't even really think about that at first, which is why I went back later and tried it with some melee weapons. It makes sense, but being HT primary(well, currently HE primary but I've been backtraining and my HT is almost caught up) it kind of takes the bite out of the ability, but it's still nice.
Re: Holy Warrior 01/19/2013 02:10 PM CST
I think lots of the "affects weapon" abilities dont work really well with thrown.

The buff should be changed to the player and not the weapon I feel.