Revised SoI 01/10/2013 12:56 PM CST
I've gone through and systematically re-balanced SoI for all guilds using actual formulas and stuffs. Here's the final list for Paladins:

Stamina
Charisma
Discipline

Tactics
Appraisal
Mechanical Lore
Scholarship
Engineering
Forging

Perception
Evasion

Warding
Augmentation

Melee Mastery
Brawling
Heavy Thrown
Polearms
Twohanded Blunt
Large Blunt
Small Blunt
Twohanded Edged
Large Edged
Small Edged
Parry Ability

Endurance
Defending
Plate Armor
Brigandine
Chain Armor
Light Armor
Shield Usage

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 02:27 PM CST
I find the lack of Strength on our SoI interesting, and the introduction of Discipline curious.

Could you explain this Raesh? Glancing at our weapon SoI list it seems we are in generally geared to using heavy weapons, and have a greater focus on melee (out of all of our skill set, there is one ranged which is Heavy Thrown), but strength is missing. Where as I don't understand discipline as much (an argument can be made for it, certainly) since our supporting systems by and large work off charisma. Maybe this is a signal of things to come however, not sure.

More so I'm tickled that as a guild we have an Strength (no longer in SoI) and Wisdom (no longer in SoI) booster, but no Charisma booster.
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 02:41 PM CST
None of the stats changed for SoI since release (For any guild). Strength is important to a Paladin, sure, but there's a lot more to them then just strength of arms.

>>More so I'm tickled that as a guild we have an Strength (no longer in SoI) and Wisdom (no longer in SoI) booster, but no Charisma booster.

This sort of thing is more common than you might expect. In some cases this is an indication of an area we should flesh out in spellbooks, and sometimes not. SoI isn't a strict guideline for what the guild can and cannot boost.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 02:45 PM CST
I take that back then. My memory was flawed, could have sworn we were str/sta/char.
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 11:20 PM CST

What's soi?
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 11:29 PM CST
Sphere of influence, usually the stuff you get to have abilities/spells bonusing. Things like that.
Re: Revised SoI 01/10/2013 11:37 PM CST
Whenever you cast a spell that buffs a stat or skill, SoI determines how big that buff is. If the stat or skill is inside your SoI, you get a larger bonus. If it's outside, you get a smaller bonus. The small bonus is 75% of the big bonus.

> Sphere of influence, usually the stuff you get to have abilities/spells bonusing. Things like that.

Actually, SoI doesn't determine that. To use Bards as an example, we have Thievery and Outdoorsmanship in SoI, but don't get bonuses to either. We have Evasion, Stealth, Locksmithing and Perception outside SoI, but get bonuses to all of them.
Re: Revised SoI 01/11/2013 02:55 AM CST
SoI is explicitly not a reason to deny a guild a potential boost. If we only gave people boosts in SoI there'd be little point to the system.

-Raesh

Re: Revised SoI 01/11/2013 09:56 AM CST
The ONLY thing SOI does is determine SIZE of a bonus. Not availability or passive benefits or anything else.

IF you gain access to a spell which boosts an ability, your SOI determines the size of the boost. It doesn't matter if its a spell or khri or a runs stone or scroll or what. If you gain the ability to cast a spell, your SOI then determines how big your bonus is.

It has NO other effect. There is no passive or active benefit to working skills or stats in your SOI.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Revised SoI 01/11/2013 10:22 AM CST
<<The ONLY thing SOI does is determine SIZE of a bonus. Not availability or passive benefits or anything else.

IF you gain access to a spell which boosts an ability, your SOI determines the size of the boost. It doesn't matter if its a spell or khri or a runs stone or scroll or what. If you gain the ability to cast a spell, your SOI then determines how big your bonus is.

It has NO other effect. There is no passive or active benefit to working skills or stats in your SOI. >>

Correct. Im really not sure why no one is understanding this. Everyone seems to think its some sort of passive bonus to said skills.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."