Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 01:03 AM CST
Eltarera gestures at Valkri.
An opalescent glow momentarily illuminates it before sinking into its skin.

When observers see Aspirant's Aegis cast on PCs, the messaging should be his/her skin, not its skin.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 04:24 AM CST
>Eltarera gestures at Valkri.
>An opalescent glow momentarily illuminates it before sinking into its skin.

I can't replicate this and looking at the code I can't see why it would be happening.

Could you provide some more context?

Were there creatures in the room? Were you in combat?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 02:05 PM CST
>>DR-Raesh: I can't replicate this and looking at the code I can't see why it would be happening. Could you provide some more context? Were there creatures in the room? Were you in combat?

This was Saturday night when several players met up in Test for the teaching night. Aspirant's Aegis was cast several times, but I only see the error once.

Players were casting spells on each other. There weren't any normal mobs, but there may have been an alfar warrior or spectral reaper in the room at the time, although I don't have evidence of it in my log. (There were definitely summoned creatures in the room later.)

[Noble Inn, Paladin Representative's Quarters]
Blue-grey silk draperies hang from a central point in the room's high ceiling, fanning out to fall in soft folds that conceal the walls. A glass lantern hangs above a sand table in the center of the room, and a folding screen curtains off one corner. The windows are opened wide to provide a view of the town walls and the forest beyond.
You also see a forged steel table with several things on it, a polished maple desk with a couple of things on it, a black ironwood door, a comfortable leather chair and the Paladin Representative Remen.
Also here: Eltarera, Funeral Director Sarkranis, Mentor Mizehra, Mentor Walcar and Mentor Valkri.
Obvious exits: none.

Mizehra stumbles as a faceless phantom thrall departs his body and returns to Valkri's side.

Sarkranis assumes a tense stance, concentrating on something.

Valkri says, "Waiting for it...waiting for it..."

Eltarera bows her head and chants a mantra.
You recognize the familiar mnemonics of the Aspirant's Aegis spell.

Mizehra assumes a tense stance, concentrating on something.
You're able to decipher telltale signs of the Nissa's Binding spell.

Walcar darkly says, "Me too."

You contribute your harnessed streams to help maintain your cyclic spell.

Walcar darkly says, "Its a passive thing."

Eltarera gestures at Valkri.
An opalescent glow momentarily illuminates it before sinking into its skin.

Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 02:13 PM CST
Huh. Very weird.

I put a fix in place that might fix it? Since I haven't been able to replicate it I can't be sure. Please keep an eye out for it - if you see it again can you confirm that the spell is actually taking place on the player as expected (through perc or whatnot)?

Appreciate it.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 02:21 PM CST
>>DR-Raesh: I put a fix in place that might fix it? Since I haven't been able to replicate it I can't be sure. Please keep an eye out for it - if you see it again can you confirm that the spell is actually taking place on the player as expected (through perc or whatnot)?

Will do.

Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 02:22 PM CST
Was Valkri being shifted at the time? o.O

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 03:30 PM CST
>>Beveragek: Was Valkri being shifted at the time? o.O

Not that I saw!

Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 09:03 PM CST
>>Were there creatures in the room? Were you in combat?

We were in the Riverhaven representative's room. We had entered combat for the purpose of testing before- But I believe by then it was winding down. Eltarara was not in combat with Valkri.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Aspirant's Aegis Messaging 12/31/2012 09:05 PM CST
No shifting was going on.

Should we organize another meeting to see if we can replicate the bug?

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy