Divine Armor Update 12/24/2012 04:25 AM CST
I've done some updates to the Divine Armor spell, which for the most part should be very little difference in use, and a whole lot of back end stuff that will make things niftier. The major good change you might notice from the previous version in Test, is that armors that the spell failed on (really big armors) will now be affected by the cast, though any of the stats that are in that 'too high' range will not be boosted. The lower stats will get the boost though.

Some things that are different, and that you may or may not like. If you are no longer in possession of the affected armor, the bonus will drop off. Also, if you end the spell early, or get it dispelled, then the bonus should drop off as well.

This spell will also now be compatible with other armor boosting/harming spells like CoZ (when it gets converted) so that having the effects of one will not prevent casting the other. If any cases come up where 2 positive (or 2 negative) boosts are in effect for the same armor piece, only the highest rated effect will apply.

This update is not in Plat yet, since I had to do a fair bit of code work in core shield/armor, and I want to make sure it's all square before mucking with a live game.

Enjoy!

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Divine Armor Update 12/24/2012 10:22 AM CST
First off my post includes a suggestion, a rant, a bug I found, and a question, so please dont skip it Ricinus(or at least, please go down to the Bug!)

Any chance this spells benefits will be skewed a bit more towards the front end or mid end mana spectrums (something we discussed a bit last night on Test). I feel the changes are a bit much

Here is the comparison for a level 80 paladin, with 'good' magics for his circle.

Raw Armor Appraise(Standard Lumium Half Plate. Nothing rare)

You feel certain that some light lumium half plate appears to impose high (9/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and great (11/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and great (11/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
good (5/15) protection and high (9/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

On Live, a 20 mana cast (no where near my cap)

You feel certain that some light lumium half plate appears to impose significant (10/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very great (10/15) protection and incredible (15/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very great (10/15) protection and incredible (15/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and incredible (15/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
high (7/15) protection and great (11/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

On test, 43 mana cast (max cast). Spell is stanced to potency (130%) and have improved augmenetation feat.

You feel certain that some light lumium half plate appears to impose high (9/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
great (9/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
great (9/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
high (7/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

In terms of consuming my pool of harness, in the same mana room in live I have used about 1/3 my mana pool, where as in test i threw the entire thing at it. I realize that is not an apples to apples comparison, but in terms of my ability to cast another spell, I'm out longer in the 3.0 model of this spell. I just feel that the new mana scale for this spell is a bit extreme, although I do understand the meta design of making spells not 'cap' by 200-300 skill in magics, it be nice if they were instead made to build bonus quickly at early ranks and then tapper more slowly at additional ranks instead of what I think is much more linear.

Bug (or so I think)

My appraisal of my shield before DA is applied in Test.

You are certain that it imposes high (9/15) maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is large in size.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers moderate (7/19) to very high (12/19) protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
no (0/26) slice damage
very severe (14/26) impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the shield is decently (6/14) balanced and is reasonably (7/14) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the tower shield is rather reinforced against damage (11/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be worn on the left arm.
You are certain that the tower shield weighs about 185 stones.
You are certain that the tower shield is worth exactly 500887 kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Now after DA is applied

You are certain that it imposes high (9/15) maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is large in size.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers moderately good (8/19) to great (13/19) protection.

You are certain that the tower shield is rather reinforced against damage (11/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be worn on the left arm.
You estimate that the tower shield weighs around 185 stones.
You are certain that the tower shield is worth exactly 500887 kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
R>

Note that I no longer get any damage values.

Finally, why doesnt DA improved guarding against damage? Feels given the spells nature and messaging it should, but I dont want to sound greedy I suppose.
Re: Divine Armor Update 12/24/2012 12:12 PM CST
>>I no longer get any damage values.

Fixed.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Divine Armor Update 12/24/2012 12:13 PM CST
<3