New Spells? 12/01/2012 02:32 AM CST
Not a grass is greener question, just curious if Paladins should be expecting some new spells during the test period. I heard about an anti dfa spell and an engagement spell (which I hope are the same spell tbh!).

Just curious if GMs can give us a sneak preview.
Re: New Spells? 12/01/2012 09:16 AM CST

I wish CrC was an aggro spell that forces all attacks/damage on the paladin, sort of like protect cover but for everyone in the room. Could be cyclic.
Re: New Spells? 12/01/2012 10:41 AM CST
Not cyclical!

We already have HoW, which is a really tanking spell that is cyclical. We can only have 1 cyclical spell up at a time and I think having them both be cyclical would actually hinder our ability to tank.

I really want CrC to NOT be a spell, but be an ability in the protect tree that works off endurance, if possible.

An Anti DFA/Engagement Spell is obviously more CvC based and having it be cyclical seems fair, making a choice between it, TR and HOW for the player to weigh.
Re: New Spells? 12/01/2012 11:21 AM CST
From my perspective CrC would be better treated as a true taunt and be an ability such as lead which works only when the paladin is leading a group.

There should be a chance for a critter to resist the taunt too i would guess.

I agree with Rewyn about not wanting another cyclic.

Words Words Words .. in the end thats all it is
Re: New Spells? 12/01/2012 11:26 AM CST
I'm not a fan of "paladin must be the leader". Think thats clunky. Mid invasion I dont want to have to tell my group to leave someone and join me just to use a power if im in the group.

That said I think LEAD, Protect, Taunts etc should all run off the Endurance skill, along with new uses (elemental damage mitigation, stun mitigation, penalties to defense from wounds or vit lose, ability to 'second wind' and gain vitality when very low on vitality once every X minutes, etc).
Re: New Spells? 12/01/2012 11:31 AM CST
Yea that would be cool, tie that stuff to the endurance skill.
Re: New Spells? 12/01/2012 11:58 AM CST
There is this cool verb of group lead [character], and I am hoping that large scale combat will become easier in 3.0, it didn't seem to make it into whatever GMs list was out there. Thought was another of the goals, but here's hoping for it either way.

Re: New Spells? 12/01/2012 03:27 PM CST
Which is fine, I just wish Lead and paladin group stuff didnt rely on it. A group leader is really just who gets to move the group around, I dont like it also being in RP terms the 'head' of the group, if that makes sense.
Re: New Spells? 12/06/2012 02:08 AM CST
We probably won't be adding to the current spell lists during the Test period, but that doesn't mean that those spells won't be something that gets developed after DR3 releases.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: New Spells? 12/06/2012 02:12 AM CST
I could have sworn according to Kodius we were getting an anti DFA spell and an engagement range as part of DR 3.0.

Were these scrapped? From the sounds of your response, they arnt being planned for.