Smite Horde 11/28/2012 01:56 PM CST
Did this not get released in test? tried to cast it 5 or so times and it never even preped?

The bucket burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

Suddenly it spits out some niniam field plate onto the floor.
Re: Smite Horde 11/28/2012 01:58 PM CST
For some reason my paladin on test has a tanked soul, so I couldnt even test it.

Be nice if we could just 'heal' our souls, although I suspect its more a bug with my copy to test server. I really want to test it:(

Is there any way we can push an updated copy of our characters into test?
Re: Smite Horde 11/28/2012 02:01 PM CST
"For some reason my paladin on test has a tanked soul, so I couldnt even test it."

You rub the soulstone...

It gleams brightly with a pristine luminescence!

>exhale soul
You breathe softly on the soulstone...

It brightens with an inner light, which lingers for a few moments before returning to its normal state.

Re: Smite Horde 11/28/2012 02:09 PM CST
As you bow your head and chant, a brilliant disc of light coalesces before you. Spinning slowly at first, it gains momentum until blue-white sparks shoot off in a blinding display. You spread your arms wide in a final decisive gesture, and the coruscating light explodes, sending a barrage of razor-edged rays flying out in all directions!

A razor-edged ray of light breaks apart in a snow-like flurry as it strikes a juvenile desert armadillo's plated hide.
A razor-edged ray of light breaks apart in a snow-like flurry as it strikes a juvenile desert armadillo's plated hide.
A razor-edged ray of light misses a juvenile desert armadillo.

A juvenile desert armadillo is revealed!

Roundtime: 2 sec.

It works, just make sure you target it. (Target SMH #) works fine too, target replacing prep

Samsaren
Re: Smite Horde 11/28/2012 02:25 PM CST
"It works, just make sure you target it. (Target SMH #) works fine too, target replacing prep

Samsaren"

THANKS SAMSAREN!

bloody forgot its a TM spell so target room right?Or creature?

Re: Smite Horde 11/28/2012 02:45 PM CST
Its AOE, complete with endangering the public charges in town too.

Samsaren
Re: Smite Horde 11/28/2012 06:25 PM CST
You gesture.
As you bow your head and chant, a brilliant disc of light coalesces before you. Spinning slowly at first, it gains momentum until blue-white sparks shoot off in a blinding display. You spread your arms wide in a final decisive gesture, and the coruscating light explodes, sending a barrage of razor-edged rays flying out in all directions!
A razor-edged ray of light misses a Dragon Priest assassin.

A razor-edged ray lands a good strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's left leg!
A razor-edged ray lands a good strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's right arm!
A razor-edged ray lands a good strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's back!
A razor-edged ray lands a hard hit against a Dragon Priest assassin's right eye!
The Dragon Priest assassin is stunned!

A razor-edged ray lands a strong hit against a Dragon Priest assassin's left leg!
A razor-edged ray lands an extremely heavy hit against a Dragon Priest assassin's left leg!
A razor-edged ray lands a heavy strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's right arm!
A razor-edged ray lands an earth-shaking strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's left leg!
A Dragon Priest assassin snarls in disgust and collapses to the ground with a frustrated hiss.

A razor-edged ray lands a hard hit against a Dragon Priest assassin's chest!
A razor-edged ray lands a very heavy hit against a Dragon Priest assassin's abdomen!
A razor-edged ray lands a heavy strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's left leg!
A razor-edged ray lands a powerful strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's left leg!
A razor-edged ray lands a very heavy hit against a Dragon Priest assassin's right arm!
A Dragon Priest assassin curses and then viciously snarls, "My shadowed brethren shall avenge my death!" before expiring with a gurgling hiss.
A silver q'zhalata dagger's blade suddenly cracks in half and melts away into nothingness with a gentle hiss.

A razor-edged ray lands a good strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's right arm!
A razor-edged ray lands a good strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's chest!
A razor-edged ray lands a good strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's abdomen!
A razor-edged ray lands a good strike against a Dragon Priest assassin's abdomen!

Roundtime: 2 sec.

Re: Smite Horde 11/28/2012 11:03 PM CST
What are your TM ranks if you dont mind me asking?
Re: Smite Horde 11/29/2012 03:28 PM CST
"What are your TM ranks if you dont mind me asking?"

target magic 800

Re: Smite Horde 11/29/2012 07:23 PM CST
Na Na Naaa Na. Na Na Naaa Na. Oh hell yeah! Goodbye!

Glad 2.0 Smite Horde will switch from that old damage dealing stat contest format. :D

(probably not as equally happy as some Paladins are with 2.0 BMR being gone)

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Smite Horde 11/30/2012 12:02 AM CST
I think given the slew of our other spell enhancement and some of the rumored ones on the way, Paladins are pretty happy:)

If HES gets made to be useful that be nice. Something about max casting something for only 8 minutes seems bad when other single stat boosters last significantly longer.
Re: Smite Horde 11/30/2012 02:02 PM CST

>If HES gets made to be useful that be nice. Something about max casting something for only 8 minutes seems bad when other single stat boosters last significantly longer.

Max cast is 100 mana. Keep in mind it's a battle spell, so it's not meant to be a spell that you put a lot in to for long duration. It's meant to be something you can cast quickly, the trade off being duration.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Smite Horde 11/30/2012 02:14 PM CST
IMO, there's enough applications for HES out of combat for it to become a non-battle spell.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Smite Horde 11/30/2012 02:58 PM CST

I don't really disagree with that, although outside of burden removal (which we still have courage and ease burden for) the only thing I can really think to use it for is swimming, and you don't really need a huge duration for that either? I can see it both ways I guess.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Smite Horde 11/30/2012 03:00 PM CST

Sorry for the double post. As for SMH, does it really come with endangering the public charge? That seems odd to me. I know it's AOE, but unless something has changed we don't have a 'room' option with it. It targets whatever is engaged with us only.

~Katt

Re: Smite Horde 11/30/2012 03:43 PM CST
>>It targets whatever is engaged with us only.

Yeah, so does Phoenix's Pyre -- The reason that the GM gave me at the time when I asked is that it still looks like a crazy mage is casting big scary spells :P

Which makes sense, technically, I guess :(

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Smite Horde 11/30/2012 09:42 PM CST
On HES...I really dont see it being very useful to us in its current state.

We are a combat guild that keeps buffs up...I dont see the use of a snap cast STR booster, I think EVERY paladin would prefer to wait an extra 5 seconds and cast something with triple the duration like every other guild.
Re: Smite Horde 12/01/2012 07:55 AM CST
If HES's power was based on skill only and mana only effecting duration like Anti-Stun, I'd be fine with it as a battle spell. As I suspect this is not the case, I would prefer it become a standard spell with longer cast times and duration. Hopefully as the dust settles and 3.0 gets closer to raedy, the GMs involved will have a bit of time to review such requests.

Samsaren
Re: Smite Horde 12/01/2012 09:25 AM CST
I'd also agree; there seem to be far, far, too many applications for HES and strength in general outside combat, it should be a non-battle spell.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.