Construct disappearing act 01/18/2013 07:34 PM CST
Was gonna post this at an earlier time, but, quicken the earth is having some issues when trying to move it around. For instance, I was in goblins out the west gate of crossing, moved to rock trolls and attempted to move my construct.

You reach out with your senses and see glowing streams of black Necromantic mana oozing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is glowing mana to the northwest, and shining mana to the east.
You sense the Call from Beyond spell upon you, which will last for about one hundred ten roisaen.
You sense the Quicken the Earth spell upon you, which will last for about seventeen roisaen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>command con come
You do not have a construct to command!
>per
You reach out with your senses and see glowing streams of black Necromantic mana oozing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is glowing mana to the northwest, and shining mana to the east.
You sense the Call from Beyond spell upon you, which will last for about one hundred ten roisaen.
You sense the Quicken the Earth spell upon you, which will last for about seventeen roisaen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
Re: Construct disappearing act 01/18/2013 08:19 PM CST
Unless you know someone else was there, the first area likely unloaded when you left but did not remove the spell. I have had that happen a few times when leaving a hunting area no one else was in, the spell wont end when the construct is lost via segment unload.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Construct disappearing act 01/18/2013 08:24 PM CST
The area might have unloaded and ate your construct. It's why we can tell zombies to go to temporary rooms.

Wouldn't hurt to have constructs able to go to the same place.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Construct disappearing act 01/18/2013 08:34 PM CST
Yeah I suppose that was probably it, seeing how in test not a lot of folk are around. Just noticed it almost every time I attempted to move one in test, and hadn't thought about this being the case since it hasn't happened prime side for a coons age.