Astro EXP 01/18/2013 12:21 AM CST
Any chance this could get bumped? I have a pretty predictable cycle of Observe, Predict, Predict Analyze, and I still can't move it very well. I understand if the exp is scaled for the size of the prediction, but predict analyze could use some help at the very least.
Re: Astro EXP 01/18/2013 12:26 AM CST
Havent been playin with the TS spells have you? And in new prediction little one observe predictions teach like junk. A full pool prediction will zap you a few mindstates.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Astro EXP 01/18/2013 01:26 AM CST
Nah, clean on TS, just getting nowhere with small predictions. Full pool definitely seems to do it though. I guess that's the route for now. Predict analyze seems to be doing absolutely nothing though, strange.
Re: Astro EXP 01/18/2013 04:11 AM CST
>>Predict analyze seems to be doing absolutely nothing though, strange.

"Isn't teaching much" or "Isn't teaching"? One of those could be a product of the skill set change, the other would likely be a bug.

Either way I'd rather predict analyze was a supplemental source of astro exp instead of a primary one, so I won't shed many tears if that's becoming the case.

As for astro training itself there are a few things to keep in mind for 3.0 (And it's entirely possible I need to adjust values around):

Astro is a primary skill now, not a secondary. This will take getting use to.

Prediction exp is now directly scaled to the potency of the prediction (Whereas before it was only roughly scaled) - so it's exp neutral to do small predictions or large predictions or medium predictions (Though I strongly recommend large ones for tool bonding whereas small ones use to be the way to go). What this means, in practice, is that in prediction 2.0 if you did a single observation prediction you'd get, say, 100 xp. If you did a full pool prediction you'd get like 300 xp. Now if you do that same single pool prediction under 3.0 you'll get 100 xp (It may actually be more or less than before, it's hard to directly compare particularly without the code in front of me) but if you do a full pool prediction you'll get more like 1000 xp.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Astro EXP 01/18/2013 07:38 AM CST
Thanks, Raesh. It looks like predict analyze goes up 1 mind state (or just under that for me), so it's not totally gone. Your explanation helps and I will adapt. The biggest change, as you noted, is getting used to needing larger pool predictions as the main source of exp.
Re: Astro EXP 01/18/2013 07:53 AM CST
>>The biggest change, as you noted, is getting used to needing larger pool predictions as the main source of exp.

It's kinda of a give/take thing - exp for a full pool should be MUCH better than it was before. I do think it's mostly the primary vs secondary thing that's the most notable change however. That's entirely where the analyze difference is coming from for example.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Astro EXP 01/18/2013 01:00 PM CST
Using the Astral Plane was teaching a fair amount of astrology experience as well. While it's hardly ideal, a quick trip somewhere every hour or so might help supplement things a bit.

-Coralin