[bug] IOTS planets and daytime 01/13/2013 09:41 PM CST
I was testing IOTS and decided to try planets that were not viewable because of the following message:

You scan the skies for a few moments.
Your search for the planet Szeldia is foiled by the daylight.

Last time I tested, we could not cast on any of these planets, but now I could cast on szeldia, though none of the others. Not sure what's up there. I get this message:

You gesture.
The mental strain of this pattern is considerably eased by your ritual focus.
Estrilda is below the horizon, causing the spell to fail.
Re: [bug] IOTS planets and daytime 01/13/2013 09:46 PM CST
Ive noticed this was the case on some showing that they had odd "rise and set" times defined by the system. A couple of the planets quite literally seem to rise midday and set during the night even though you still get the observation message. The planet system is full of all kinds of voodoo. A big reason why Ive been pushing for a second look at it by GMs to see if it can be made more functional.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: [bug] IOTS planets and daytime 01/13/2013 10:24 PM CST
Isn't the message for them when they're "set":

You scan the skies for a few moments.
Your search for the planet Yoakena turns up fruitless.

?

It's definitely a problem that you can observe two planets and get the exact same:

Your search for the planet Durgaulda is foiled by the daylight. messaging, yet only one can be used for casting.
Re: [bug] IOTS planets and daytime 01/14/2013 12:37 AM CST
Planets suck.

It's something I need to spend some time with, but I won't have the bandwidth before 3.0 launches.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: [bug] IOTS planets and daytime 01/14/2013 12:52 AM CST
>>It's something I need to spend some time with, but I won't have the bandwidth before 3.0 launches.

As long as its somewhere on your list then Im ok. Its not a spell that is a must have till after it gets tweaked. Just as long as its been noted.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."