[BUG/ISSUE] List of Moon Mage 3.0 Issues 01/02/2013 01:00 AM CST
Seeing as how others are making one centralized 3.0 bug list for their guilds I figured I would start ours. My first round of looks have focused on Spellbooks and descriptions. Ill go to the spells themselves here shortly.

-Ok first off it seems that Heritage, Monk, and Pethian sect members dont have spell affinities. They are the only three that do not have a tag line in a spell description noting they have easier times casting a spell. If they do have spell affinities can it be added to the spells description? If they currently dont are they getting one?
-FM description notes the time in hours. Minor point here but might want to put it in Elanthian time units.
-Moonblade description has a random " after the last word. The blade is sturdy, but lasts only for a short while and must never leave your hands."<--. Probably a left over from a copy paste of the guild leaders talk.

Ok the next few Im listing as issues not bugs. Im honestly not sure if they are bugs but regardless they dont really seem to make sense.

-SHM has no pre-reqs. So this spell can be a circle 1 spell that you just need to finish a quest for? Doesnt seem right to me.
-TKS needs Shadowling as a pre-req spell. Why? I get the feeling this is supposed to be TKT.
-Rend needs Shadowling as a pre-req spell. Again why? I dont see how Shadowling fits any theme of spell progression. Its not even in the same book.
-Shear needs Riftal Summons and PSY as pre-reqs. RS? That doesnt seem to make sense. Why is an esoteric teleporting spell needed for a mental ward?
-Starlight Sphere is missing the pre-req section entirely.
-IOS needs itself as a pre-req.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: [BUG/ISSUE] List of Moon Mage 3.0 Issues 01/02/2013 01:13 AM CST

Pethians had Piercing Gaze whether or not this is still the case, I'm not sure.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: [BUG/ISSUE] List of Moon Mage 3.0 Issues 01/02/2013 01:28 AM CST
Im not noticing anything out of the ordinary on spells so far but these two points I would like to make. They lean more towards issues than bugs.

IOTS- I really like this spell... the potential is great but here is my issue..
>observ isme
You scan the skies for a few moments.
Your search for the planet Ismenia turns up fruitless.
>observ mere
Your search for the planet Merewalda turns up fruitless.
>observ szel
Your search for the planet Szeldia turns up fruitless.
>observ penh
Your search for the planet Penhetia turns up fruitless.
>observ yoak
Your search for the planet Yoakena is foiled by the darkness.
>observ durg
Your search for the planet Durgaulda turns up fruitless.
>observ estril
Your search for the planet Estrilda turns up fruitless.
>observ vere
Your search for the planet Verena turns up fruitless.
>observ dawg
Your search for the planet Dawgolesh is foiled by the darkness.
>
Most of the clouds drift away to reveal starry skies.
>observ er'
Your search for the planet Er'qutra is foiled by the darkness.
>observ amlo
Your search for the planet Amlothi turns up fruitless.
>observ morl
Your search for the planet Morleena turns up fruitless.

That is every planet gone. Yeah IOE was dependent on 3 moons and occasionally they were all down (though this is rare) but we could make shards to use when the moon we wanted wasnt up. With 12 planets more often than not we have maybe 1-2 up at a time. Already I find an issue with that, but then add in that the 1-2 up to be cast upon might not even give the bonus youre looking for. The restrictions on this spell seem... excessive at best. I get the feeling that this will be rarely used by the majority of folks (if at all.. you may be looking at people passing it over for a spell they feel will be more reliable) and Id hate to see that happen and this spell go to waste.

SLS- So I like the damage and speed of this but is there any way we can have the mana pulse looked at on this. I noticed that every attack and advance of the sphere drains mana. The sphere attacks pretty quickly. So I was burning 30+ mana on one critter in a very short amount of time. It makes this spell very very difficult to keep up for any amount of time. Im fine if it doesnt last hours but can the pulses maybe be changed to a set amount of time in between rather than every movement of the orb? I feel like this would make this spell a good deal more viable. Especially since its already got the night casting only goin against it.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: [BUG/ISSUE] List of Moon Mage 3.0 Issues 01/02/2013 01:29 AM CST
>>Pethians had Piercing Gaze whether or not this is still the case, I'm not sure.

Hence why Ive listed it as an issue/bug. If its still their sig spell thats fine but Id hope to see a side note in the spell description saying so as it does for the known four sig spells.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: [BUG/ISSUE] List of Moon Mage 3.0 Issues 01/02/2013 01:54 AM CST
Casting moonblade on a moon you have a beam for seems to be giving the cast message as if you were in the same room...

>prep moonbl 60
That will disrupt most of your current attunement!
You raise your arms skyward, chanting the equation of the Moonblade spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast kata
You gesture.
<You thrust your right hand into a pool of darkness and use the condensed moonlight to forge a moonblade of dull black which seems to absorb light itself.>
>look
[Mycthengelde, Flatlands]
Well-worn paths lead through a grove of trees to a gate in The Crossing's western wall. Now and again you hear birds calling to one another in the branches, or the bustling of a merchant's cart as it makes its way past. A handful of adventurers nod at you in greeting as they make their way into town. An aromatic mix of wildflowers mingles with wyndwood, oak and juniper trees as the grove stretches north and south, while to the west, you can see grassy flatlands through a small clearing. You also see a wooden sign printed in large block letters, the western gate, a narrow trail, a town wall and a path that heads westward toward the grasslands.
Obvious paths: northwest.

>per
Yavash is dominant, Xibar is moderate, while Katamba's influence is weak.
Perception and Psychic Projection spells are favored.
Your black moonbeam should last about thirteen more roisaen or until Katamba sets.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

My moonbeam was several rooms away.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: [BUG/ISSUE] List of Moon Mage 3.0 Issues 01/02/2013 06:05 PM CST
I would just like to back Renzaar's post regarding IOTS availability. You guys are probably sick of our posts on that spell at this point, but it's such an awesome spell (and I love, love the ritual spell mechanics in general), I really, really don't want to see this spell made useless by insane planet rotations. Spells that are wildly unpredictable and seldom available are simply not attractive, and as our only stat boost, I'd really, really like to see this fixed. I assume that the fix is enchanting related, like the IOS shards, but we'd love some clarification.

Ideally, the spell will work more flexibly off of planets not in range or not observable.
Re: [BUG/ISSUE] List of Moon Mage 3.0 Issues 01/03/2013 01:40 AM CST
Honestly the proper fix is to bite the bullet and figure planet orbit mechanics which are expect are extremely whacked.

The problem is that's a rabbit hole the size of the Grand Canyon...

Anyhow, I'm not ignoring this issue, but the spell and concept are both Armifer's and predate my appointment as Advocate so I'm deferring to him.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose