tks and tkt 12/31/2012 07:43 AM CST
I was wondering if ranged ammunition is lodgeable when using tkt or tks. Also, will naptha vials break on creatures when using these spells?

And I have one request for tkt and tks. Can we make the spells so that if we are holding ranged ammo, the ammo will be used.
Re: tks and tkt 12/31/2012 08:44 AM CST
No on the first... Im not sure but Id hazard no on the second as well. And I doubt theyll do that though there is a cantrip that does that exact effect.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: tks and tkt 12/31/2012 09:17 PM CST
Is there a reason why tkt and tks ammo is not lodgeable and naptha unbreakable? I'm not sure if it's a balance issue. If it's not, then I hope they will be made lodgeable in the future.
Re: tks and tkt 12/31/2012 09:33 PM CST
Agreed.
Re: tks and tkt 01/01/2013 02:30 AM CST
I actually always wished that you could designate a hand and it would tkt object in said hand and then return it to you. Tall order and most likely not even possible but thats what i always wished happened.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: tks and tkt 01/01/2013 03:21 AM CST
>>I actually always wished that you could designate a hand and it would tkt object in said hand and then return it to you. Tall order and most likely not even possible but thats what i always wished happened.

There's a nomad cantrip that sorta does that. Does it work in 3.0? I haven't tested (TKT/TKS wasn't my work).

>>Is there a reason why tkt and tks ammo is not lodgeable and naptha unbreakable?

Sanity. Lodging random items that aren't meant to lodge in someone is a good way to end up with a big mess, and naphtha is not exactly well integrated into combat (I recently spoke to Kodius about this while playing with naphtha and the splash verb, but isn't an aspect that combat 3.0 has really gotten too) so adding it to TKT/TKS wouldn't be trivial (Though I'd feel a lot more comfortable doing that then making things lodge).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: tks and tkt 01/01/2013 06:18 AM CST
>>Does it work in 3.0?

Actually got me on that one. Im not well versed in the other Sects cantrips. I know the Nomad cantrip chooses whats in your hand but I think its like a one shot thing and it doesnt return it. The only tkt cantrip I know is the fling one which to be honest Im not even sure I remember what it does... I think it removes a junk item in the room for giggles.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: tks and tkt 01/01/2013 10:40 AM CST

>>Sanity. Lodging random items that aren't meant to lodge in someone is a good way to end up with a big mess, and naphtha is not exactly well integrated into combat (I recently spoke to Kodius about this while playing with naphtha and the splash verb, but isn't an aspect that combat 3.0 has really gotten too) so adding it to TKT/TKS wouldn't be trivial (Though I'd feel a lot more comfortable doing that then making things lodge).

And here I wanted to lodge a log in someones eye.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: tks and tkt 01/01/2013 01:52 PM CST
>>Sanity. Lodging random items that aren't meant to lodge in someone is a good way to end up with a big mess

Saying this as someone who knows nothing about the back end of stuff, but don't weapons have to have puncture damage in order to lodge when you throw them? Could TKT/TKS make a similar check to determine if something should attempt to lodge?

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: tks and tkt 01/02/2013 06:56 AM CST
if items are too difficut to lodge, would it be possible to have a compromise where moonblade slivers lodge?
Re: tks and tkt 01/02/2013 08:21 AM CST
>if items are too difficut to lodge, would it be possible to have a compromise where moonblade slivers lodge?

And bring back Dazzle explosions? Pretty pretty please?

-Coralin