Scroll spell pre-reqs 01/18/2013 09:17 PM CST
Decided to bring this over here from the 2.0 Bard forums:

ILLIENA mentioned that in 3.0, everyone ignores pre-reqs for spell scrolls.

Wit that in mind, how can I learn Air Bubble? When I read the scroll, I get this:

> read spellb
The graceful black calligraphy on the pale ivory vellum page of your spellbook reads:

~Air Bubble~

The Air Bubble spell forms its namesake around the target's head, allowing him to breathe underwater for several minutes. It is far too weak to provide protection against most forms of poison gas, but is a necessity for underwater exploration or combat.

This is a non-battle spell that can be cast on a single target. Non-battle spells have significantly longer preparation times than battle spells. It can be cast on yourself and other adventurers. It requires a minimum of four mana streams, and can expand to a maximum of one hundred mana streams woven into it.

To begin to be able to cast this spell, you will need to reach the rank of a promising novice. By the time you have mastered this spell, you will be ranked as a genius in your abilities as a caster. It requires the Utility skill to cast effectively. This spell is available for any guild member to learn.

Before you can learn this spell, you must know one of Zephyr or Tailwind. It will also cost one spell slot.

Unfortunately, sections of the page make references to spells you don't know.

Roundtime: 5 Sec.

And studying it just gives a blank line. No messaging at all.
Re: Scroll spell pre-reqs 01/18/2013 09:33 PM CST
>>ILLIENA mentioned that in 3.0, everyone ignores pre-reqs for spell scrolls.

Messaging bug in spellbooks, fixed now.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Scroll spell pre-reqs 01/18/2013 09:43 PM CST
>Messaging bug in spellbooks, fixed now.

The bug being that everyone ignores pre-reqs?
Re: Scroll spell pre-reqs 01/18/2013 11:02 PM CST
The 'spells you don't know' part - That's been fixed to reflect the new world.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.