Spell preps 01/17/2013 02:35 AM CST
It looks like my necro's alternate spell prep not being converted with him. While he had the feat, he was required to go see a certain NPC before he could actually use it.

I was under the impression that alternate preps would only need the feat in order to be usable. Is that just for "regular" alternate preps (eg. throne city/fest ones)? Is the conversion working for Throne City preps and fest ones? I don't have one at the moment, so I can't test it.

PREPARE /HELP prior to visiting the NPC:

>PREPARE /HELP:
>
>Prepare a spell by name or abbreviation followed by a numerical amount. For example, PREPARE FIRE SHARD 1, or PREP FI SHA 1, or PREP FS 1. Use the SPELLS >verb to see what spells you know.
>
>PREPARE /HIDE -- Allows you to try and hide your preparing messaging from others.

PREPARE /HELP after visiting:

>PREPARE /HELP:
>
>Prepare a spell by name or abbreviation followed by a numerical amount. For example, PREPARE FIRE SHARD 1, or PREP FI SHA 1, or PREP FS 1. Use the SPELLS >verb to see what spells you know.
>
>You are also able to use different messaging when preparing a spell.
>
>PREPARE /LIST -- Lists out all available messaging you can use. You can have up to three special preps, not counting your default.
>PREPARE /SHIFT -- Toggles through your available messaging.
>PREPARE /DEFAULT -- Toggles 'off' or 'on' your default prep messaging.
>PREPARE /CLEAR -- Clears your currently set messaging. Note that you can not erase your default settings. Using this will erase your chosen special >prep message.
>PREPARE /HIDE -- Allows you to try and hide your preparing messaging from others.
Re: Spell preps 01/17/2013 04:05 AM CST
all right, i just tried out my prime WM. He had purchased a special prep in a fest the first year they had them. His prep is somehow changed from what he does in prime:

You briskly utter a few sharp words in an arcane tongue, your mind bent to the task of preparing the Ethereal Shield spell.

to the following in test:

You trace a geometric sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Ethereal Shield spell.

This he cast in test WITHOUT purchasing any feats or being messaged to purchase said feat, unlike other characters who could not cast their spells without the feat, and were messaged as such both in plat and other prime characters i've previously had in test.

That seems MUCH more moon magic than WMish. Geometer is even a MM title. Please let him use the prep he purchased, even if he has to use the feat to do so. thanks.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Spell preps 01/17/2013 07:48 AM CST
Alternate preps arent showing in TEST. They should be just fine when it converts to prime. In test everyone is reverted to their default preps. And all the default prep looks have been updated.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."