BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/14/2013 10:20 AM CST
So, I woke up my Cleric over in Test. Feeling pretty happy with the changes and the magic use. Ran across something when I was killing some goblins.

>pre horn
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You begin chanting catechisms to invoke the Horn of the Black Unicorn spell.
>cast
You make a ruthless lashing gesture.
A mass of deep ebon ether erupts from thin air, coalescing into the spectral form of a shadowy black unicorn which gallops rapidly toward a large musk hog.
The tip of the black unicorn's horn pierces a small hole in the musk hog's abdomen.
The musk hog is lightly stunned!
Roundtime: 1 sec.

I'm encountering no prep time and no RT other than the 1 sec cast. I can PREP and CAST back to back, even at higher mana levels.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/14/2013 10:24 AM CST
AFAIK snap casting isn't impossible in 3.0, just notably less effective.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/14/2013 10:28 AM CST
> I'm encountering no prep time

TM spells begin fully prepped.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/14/2013 10:33 AM CST

>TM spells begin fully prepped.

Ahhh. That might explain it.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 04:18 PM CST

>TM spells begin fully prepped.

So for TM Spells what is the advantage to putting in a full prep time?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 04:20 PM CST
>>So for TM Spells what is the advantage to putting in a full prep time?

None I don't think. You want to TARGET your opponent as soon as you can after preparing. Or, begin with using the TARGET verb to begin with and bypass PREPARE alltogether :)

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 04:32 PM CST
> So for TM Spells what is the advantage to putting in a full prep time?

None, you lose nothing by targeting immediately. In fact, the new syntax encourages this. You can type "target fs at goblin" to begin prepping and targeting fire shard at a goblin, even if you hadn't already started prepping it. Or you can type "target fs" and it will prep and target at whoever you're facing. In the first example, "at" is essential.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 04:33 PM CST
>>So for TM Spells what is the advantage to putting in a full prep time?

Most accurately, 'full prep time' isn't something that makes sense to say about a TM spell. TM spells are prepped or not, there's no way to partially prep a TM spell.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 04:36 PM CST
>None, you lose nothing by targeting immediately. In fact, the new syntax encourages this. You can type "target fs at goblin" to begin prepping and targeting fire shard at a goblin, even if you hadn't already started prepping it. Or you can type "target fs" and it will prep and target at whoever you're facing. In the first example, "at" is essential.

Just to help me remember better what does fs stand for.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 04:39 PM CST
Fire Shard.
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 04:54 PM CST
Ahhh the spell name. Makes a ton of sense now, alright thanks.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Re: BUG? - Horn of the Black Unicorn. 01/15/2013 06:42 PM CST

Will we need to specify what we are targetting- or will we still be able to 'face next' and then target without specifying the target?

I don't script and I do rather basic macro's.