Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:07 AM CST
For sanities sake when things hit this weekend I think it should be documented which does what. So first and obvious question is does anyone have a list of which focus affects which mana and spellbook? And do we know if the price in the shop is going to be the final price? A more personal side note can you use weapon straps on the staves to wear them?

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:09 AM CST
>>documented which does what.
What does what: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Foci

>>A more personal side note can you use weapon straps on the staves to wear them?
Last time I tried it worked.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:11 AM CST
Ah good deal. I was unaware that there was a wiki page since it isnt pointed to anywhere heh. I shall fix that.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:12 AM CST
>>A more personal side note can you use weapon straps on the staves to wear them?

IIRC: Yes, but it can't be invoked while it's worn.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:16 AM CST
I was more thinking from a practicality in carrying one standpoint. I remember in test buying the staff and then having nowhere to put it. It wouldnt even fit in the baldric that my chainblade fits in. Makes it sort of a pain to hold it all the time.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:17 AM CST
>>>>Ah good deal. I was unaware that there was a wiki page since it isnt pointed to anywhere heh. I shall fix that.

Actually, a couple of things link to it. Including a redirect of "Foci", and from the Focus page. Which means a search for Foci or Focus will get you there.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Special:WhatLinksHere/Focus_(item)

Not that it couldn't use more linking.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:24 AM CST
Yup I linked it into the Magic 3.0 page in the proper spots. Now I just need to make sure the prices are going to remain the same and Ill actually make the item pages on the wiki. Have we heard anything on the other two focus types? Sorcery and Target. Very interested in the Sorcery one.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 06:34 AM CST
> Have we heard anything on the other two focus types? Sorcery and Target.

Last I heard about target foci, since they're not essential to 3.0, they're being put off until later. I'd forgotten about Sorcery foci.
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 01:15 PM CST
I've also got a list that describes what each focus does that I've placed on the trunk selling the items, it's just not in Test yet. I'll get it into Test and Plat soon.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 01:18 PM CST

A minor thing: A while back there was an issue getting to see the foci in the articifer shop unless you went through the screen and back out or somesuch. This got fixed, but when it was done it broke DIR ARTIFICER in Crossing.

Easy solution just take it off the DIR list I suppose.
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 02:25 PM CST
Also, HELP FOCI will give you useful information :)

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Ritual Foci 01/14/2013 02:26 PM CST
>>A minor thing: A while back there was an issue getting to see the foci in the articifer shop unless you went through the screen and back out or somesuch. This got fixed, but when it was done it broke DIR ARTIFICER in Crossing.

This is fixed for the release, but not in Test or Plat yet. I'll go through and fix it later on, but it's a minor issue that doesn't really have a huge impact. DIR ARTIFICER still works in Test and Plat, but only if you specify a number of steps that is FEWER than the number of steps to get to the artificer from where you are. Yay DIR.

--