SPELL 01/06/2013 08:40 AM CST
I'm seeing something peculiar with the SPELL verb since the latest refresh:

In the chapter entitled "Protection", you have notes on the Innocence and Aesandry Darlaeth [ad], and Guardian Spirit [gs], and Iron Constitution [ic], and Aggressive Stance [ags], and Perseverance of Peri'el Spell [] spells.

That last one looks either half-baked or entirely out of place.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: SPELL 01/06/2013 09:30 AM CST
>>Perseverance of Peri'el Spell

Yes that one is GM only for now, everything being on preview in test is probably confusing things. It will eventually be an esoteric warding spell in that spellbook, but the mechanics still need some work.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge
Re: SPELL 01/06/2013 09:49 AM CST
esoteric warding? about what skill level would you see that being useable?

Reason being, from the name alone, it sounds like something my s'kra empath would love to be able to cast.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: SPELL 01/06/2013 09:11 PM CST
<< It will eventually be an esoteric warding spell in that spellbook, but the mechanics still need some work.>>

Neat. We might need an advanced pure warding spell to help with learning up to that point, though. I'm finding warding to be the only magic skill that's a chore to learn, and the hybrid spells like Tranquility and Awaken don't seem to teach very well for the mana expenditure since the experience is split between skills. I can move it with IC at high mana for now, but an advanced spell would probably be helpful. Although I guess jumping right to an esoteric for learning might work, so maybe it's not so critical.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: SPELL 01/07/2013 05:34 AM CST
>>esoteric warding? about what skill level would you see that being useable?

It's a standard esoteric spell. I think in Dev when I was testing it I gave myself 350 ranks in every skill and was able to cast it, but your mileage may vary slightly; I can't remember what my stat setup was at the time. Also, some of the Empath esoteric spells are a bit wonky right now due to some documentation errors. I think this is mostly just the cyclics but there may be some adjustments as we get closer to release.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge