Heart Link Redux 01/06/2013 06:36 AM CST
I have fixed some of the outstanding issues with the Heart Link spell.

It should now be releasable, by both the person it is cast on and the caster. The caster can also specify which link they want to release using the syntax RELEASE HL NAME. That is, RELEASE HL MELETE. This syntax: RELEASE HEART LINK MELETE, does not work, due to a peculiarity with the spell parser. It would take a lot of work to accommodate, for very little reward, so I don't anticipate support for that syntax.

The mug of zombie's revenge bug should also be fixed, as well as the bug where it didn't message some parties when it faded.

I did a fair amount of structural retooling during all of this, so it could use as much testing as people are willing to throw at it. It is among the most snowflakey of the Empath spells.

For the purpose of testing the vitality sharing, I did put "a hurty thing" outside of the NE gate, that will reduce the vitality of anyone who punches down to 1/10 of max.

Let me know how it looks. This is in test only for now while we make sure it is working properly, with Plat to get the updates in a few days assuming all goes well.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge
Re: Heart Link Redux 01/06/2013 09:46 AM CST
<<I did put "a hurty thing" outside of the NE gate, that will reduce the vitality of anyone who punches down to 1/10 of max.>>

Does that "hurty thing" work for any guild to reduce vitality? reason being, i didn't know what it was, so i read it and it said "if you punch me I will hurt you". I had my necro in test, so naturally <G> i had to experiment. I punched it and there was no response, no nothing. It didn't give me a message for punching it even.And my vitality was just fine- no effect.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Heart Link Redux 01/07/2013 05:32 AM CST
It should work for any guild. It may not have been for a bit but should be again.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge